The Missing Wolf

I enter the den along with a wolf, Zack, by my side. I approached Zack slowly.

"Son, I'm going to teach you how to toughen up,"I said.

"Ok," Zack sighed.

Zack and I left the den and went searching in the snow..looking for our prey to kill..

I spotted a qiviut from a distance and crouched down...so does Zack. Slowly..so slowly we approached the animal...ready to strike..and I whisper in Zack's ear,"get ready to leap on its back..when it's distracted by you I would go for its feet." Zack whispers to me,"o..ok."

Zack gulps and hesitates to jump on the qiviut so with such nervousness he leaped forward biting the neck of the qiviut.

Quickly, I went for the legs and bit them. The qiviut weakened, not being able to walk, but limp...the qiviut couldn't have tried to defend itself from me because of its sprained legs, it instead tried to get Zack off of its back.

The qiviut kept shaking trying to get Zack off. Zack looked dizzy but was still holding on tight. I was shocked to see Zack still hanging from its neck while the qiviut shook.

I was so angry so I ran toward the qiviut's side, knocking it over.

Zack fell off, still dizzy from the shaking and tried to get up but couldn't, for his eyes weren't focused. I ran toward Zack trying to help him up. Zack looked up at me and whispered, "Did..d-did I kill it?"
I answered,"no." Zack slowly got up to his feet and tried to focus his eyes. He saw that the qiviut had recovered and tried to escape. But Zack ran toward it and bit it, with that one bite it went down and died.

I looked at him with a shocking face. Zack looked at me,"I killed it." I was still shocked, didn't say anything. But I finally spoke and said,"You remind me of your father.." Zack smiled at me and we both hurried off to the den with the dead qiviut, dripping blood along the way.

When they had finished their meals, I had a depressed face and was looking toward Zack.

Zack waited for me to say something but he asked,"why the face?" I responded,"you..you need to know something." "What?" He questioned. "Your um..err.." "I'm what..?"

In the corner of my eye I spotted something behind him..it was a wolf it had white wolf fur with blue eyes and a swirl around its eye.

I looked back at Zack,"Zack...get behind me." Zack ran behind me and looked at the wolf. "Mom-" Zack said then was interrupted,"shh, let me do the talking." "But she's my friends mom." Zack finished.

He walked over to the wolf and she looked at me,"Hey, I didn't mean any trouble I just came to ask if it would be alright if your son, Zack, would want to play with my daughter, Lucy."

Mayle moved away to reveal her daughter who was hiding behind her,"she gets shy as you can see."

"Oh yes it's fine." I said. Zack and Lucy raced each other outside. "Well it was nice meeting you." Mayle said with a smile. "Yeah and sorry about the whole-" "oh no, it's fine really." "Well would you like to stay and talk?" I asked. "I would love to but I have stuff to do." She said. I watched as Mayle walked away.

I looked away and thought about what I was going to say to Zack, I mumbled, talking to myself ,"I was worried..worried then ever! Why hadn't I told him the truth. I couldn't I just couldn't, what if the truth frightened him?" I thought. Then transformed to human, turning to a high shelf I reached to the top to open a safe and inside was a red diary that had a heart lock that came with a special pen.

Behind the books was a wall that slid open and behind was a pair of keys. I grabbed the diary, pen, and keys. I wrote what had happened to keep me from stressing out. When I finished I put the diary and keys back and slid the wall closed then closed the safe. I went over to her desk and placed my special pen inside the drawer.