The Disappearance

I closed the coffin and turned to see Rai walking over to me. He grabbed the bottom of the coffin and placed it in the hole. Rai turned to a big pile of dirt and started to kick it in the hole, fast. I sighed and walked back inside the den. My pack followed this time without the Elemental wolves. "They..had to leave." Mayle said. "It's fine." I told her. I faced the desk and opened the drawer, I picked up the diary which now had a hole through the middle,"it's still warm." I told them.

"Maybe you'll want to express your feeling with us..I heard that if you do you'll feel much better." Mangle whispered,"after the crying." "I just never thought it would end like this.." I told them. "Who said it was going to end?" Nibbles said.

I sat down beside Mayle and looked up at her face,"couldn't you do anything to help Pan?" "My magic isn't as strong to heal..especially with an angel." I sighed and looked at my pack that were surrounding me. "Pan..well..he is my second friend.. I met him over there-" I pointed to my bed. "On the bed? Mage I didn't know that's the way you meet people?.!" Mangle said.

"What? No. I was hurt and he came to the..I guess you can say rescue?. But we became friends and he drew me something.." I ran to my desk, opened my drawer, and grabbed a paper. I ran back to them and showed them the drawing,"he drew this for me." It had two stars, alone, appearing in the dark light. It was beautiful.

"Why stars?" Nibbles asked. I turned the drawing over, it faced me and I looked down at it and smiled,"it reminded me of Scar and Zack.." I told them still smiling at the drawing.
I looked at them and their faces looked awkward but they smiled as well. Maybe they had thought I was doing better from the whole Pan thing. But I hadn't forgotten, I wouldn't. I still thought and thought, why? "You know..you can take the cloth off? You can trust us." Rai said. "You can go take it off by the mirror." Mangle pointed to the reflected surface. 'Mirror' I thought.. It sounded familiar in my dictionary. I went towards the mirror. Everyone followed as well.

I looked at the mirror. Slowly..I untied the back of the cloth, I had now placed it on the desk. I saw my hideous white eye and scar through the mirror, I also saw the reflections of everyone's expressions, terrified, all but Mayle, she knew about the eye.

I quickly grabbed the cloth again and tied it around my eye,"I knew it was a mistake!" I turned and ran outside. Ran..where? I didn't know.. Anywhere! I thought. I ran through the forest. I pulled a piece of bark and rubbed the sap all over my body, it will help me lose my pack, they knew my scent, and I didn't want them to find me. I ran till I stopped at a spot where I was surround by trees. I sat near a tall tree with a branch sticking out large enough for someone or something to lay there. I began to cry. I looked around to see if anyone would hear or if my pack where coming, I noticed I was at the spot where Phantom had said to be if needed. "Phantom?" I whispered. I whispered continuously but I heard nothing. I spoke clearly now, but nothing.

I went down a river and got myself all washed up from the sap. I heard a snap, it sounded like a twig. I saw Rai looking down at me,"hey..oh am I disturbing you..well the others are in the den..we are worried..we didn't mean-" "it's alright."

Rai came down and joined me. He swam towards me,"water is fresh..and calm." I smiled at him. He got closer to me and reached my neck, I placed my head on his paw. He grabbed my hip and pulled me closer. He kissed me and I kept it like that. We had kissed for many minutes. "We should go." I told him pushing myself away. Rai nodded and got out. I got out of the water dried myself and followed Rai back to the den.

I saw everyone's blankly face all staring at me as I entered. "Mage we're s-" "I need to ask you all something unusual." I said disrupting Nibbles. "I noticed a member missing.." I said looking at all of them, waiting for a clue to where he might be. "Oh..you mean Pan? He's-" Rai smacked his paw at the back of Nibbles head,"not him you idiot..Phantom!" "So you do know?" "Well yeah..I just didn't want to be the one to ask.." Rai said. "Well do any of you know? Where he went?" I said. "Yes." Mangle spoke,"not technically.." She added,"I don't know where he went but he told me to give you a, message?"

I stared at her waiting for my answer. "Well?" I said. "He said," she added, "he's coming back for you." I smiled,"he's coming back for me..how..nice of him.. At least he told us..Wonder what he's doing now." Everyone stared at each other whispering. Then they all faced me. "Well... Tomorrow is a new day after- all.."