Chapter 8

*Angele's POV*

I got in the passenger seat laughing hysterically. Serena's once dark hair now had blobs of blue and orange running through it. I pulled down the mirror down from the cieling to see what I looked like. My hair was covered in various colors of paint. I looked like a rainbow had thrown up on me.

"That was awesome." Serena said smiling.

"Why haven't we been paintballing before?" I asked still laughing a little bit.

"You've always been too chicken." She teased as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"My mom always said it hurt like crazy!" I defended.

"It didn't feel good."

"Not at all. I am going to bruise so bad!"

"I just can't believe you're moving." Serena changed the subject as she shook her head.

"I can hide you in my suitcase." I smiled.

"You don't have the room." She chuckled.

"I probably do, now that you downsized my clothes so much."

"You can get new clothes that don't show anything." She justified her actions.

"So potato sacks?"

"Mhmm... You might get lucky and find a printed one!"

"Very funny." I said sarcastically.

Serena stopped the car. I glanced up feeling my heart jump into my throat. I was home...

"I'm going to miss you, Izzy."

"I thought we agreed no sappy stuff." I teased.

"Fine. I can't wait for you to leave."

"Not sappy, but not rude either!"

"There is absolutely no pleasing you."

"Nope." I popped the 'p'.

"You're going to miss your flight if you don't go to sleep soon."

"Yeah. I'm gonna miss you." I smiled sadly.

"Hey! I thought we weren't doing sappy."

"I made the rule, therefore I'm exempt." I smiled.

"Mhmm... Sure."

"You can't argue with me. It's my birthday."

"Yeah, yeah. You have to get going Izzy."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname my sister had given me three years prior, "Bye Synthia." I smirked.

"Don't say goodbye. Goodbye means leaving, and leaving means forgetting."

"Says the wise Peter Pan."

"I can never slide anything past you."

"Never. I'll see you soon." I smiled.

I stepped outside of the car and closed the door, making my way up to my house for one last time.

"See you later Izzy!" Serena called as I opened the front door.

I walked slowly up the stairs, every muscle in my body screaming in protest. I bit my tongue to keep from crying out as the door knob of my door jabbed into my hip.

I stepped inside my room and grabbed a pair of black leggings and Hayes' sweater. The strong scent of laundry detergent filled my nose. I made my way to the bathroom and turned on the shower water before closing the door tightly.