Chapter 16:

Angele's POV

"Guys! Dinner!" Hayes' mom called up the stairs.

"We have to take off our costumes, first!" Skylynn commanded.

"Yes, princess Skylynn." I curtsied, earning a giggle.

Skylynn slipped out of her dress, leaving it abandoned on the floor and skipping off down the stairs. Hayes chuckled as he shook his head. He picked up the dress and laced the sleeves over the arms of the hanger and placing it on the closet rod, and taking off his prince shirt leaving his toned abdomen bare. I bit my lip as I turned around a slipped out of my dress, still fully clothed underneath. 

"You okay, Angele?" Hayes asked stepping closer to me.

"Hmm? Oh me? Yeah I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know you just seemed, nervous almost." Hayes responded stepping slightly closer. 

I took a quick breath before moving and turning to face him, "Your mom is waiting to get dinner started." 

Hayes grabbed both my hands and nodded, "Wait for me and we can go down together?"

I nodded.

Hayes grinned and leaned in, kissing my cheek softly. I felt a rush of butterflies. He pulled away and made his way to the bathroom. I didn't know that my muscles were so tight until they relaxed and loosened.

"So..." Nash stepped into the room smirking.

"So what, Nash?" 

"What was that?"

"What was what?" I leaned over, picking up the dress and moving towards the closet.

"Don't do that. I saw that."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I smiled as I pulled down a hanger and laced the dress over it, hanging it up and turning toward the door way.

"You're such a pain, you know that?"

"I learn from the best." I grinned.

Nash rolled his eyes and stepped out of the room. I shook my head as I chuckled.

Hayes stepped back into the room and grinned, "You ready to meet the rest of the family?"

"Yup." I popped the 'p'. 

Hayes laced his hand through mine and we made our way down the stairs and to the kitchen. There was a smaller table set up in the middle and people at every edge of it. I grinned.

"You must be Angele!" A pretty taller woman smiled, pulling me in for a hug. 

"Nice to meet you." I grinned, hugging her back.

"Hey! You're prettier than Hayes described over a hundred times when he got back from camp." An older man grinned from behind Skylynn.

"Okay, Johnnie that's enough." Hayes jumped in, face red. 

I chuckled, "Awe Hayes, you said I was pretty?"

"Only about a hundred times." Will teased.

"Okay! How about we stop the chit chat, I'm hungry!" Hayes interrupted, pulling out a chair and gesturing for me to sit. 

I grinned as he scooted the chair in a little bit. Skylynn jumped off her chair and onto the one Hayes had pulled out for himself.

"Sky!"

"I want to sit next to her! You've gotten to know her really well already, Hayes." Skylynn explained.

"What do you mean?" Will asked, shoveling a forkful of food into his mouth.

Skylynn pinched her index and middle fingers on both hands to her thumbs and bumped the fingers together, making a kissing noise.

Hayes choked on his water. I laughed. Well now they know.

 "Okay, let's eat!" Hayes clapped his hands shoveling food in.

******

"Thank you for dinner, Mrs. Grier it was absolutely delicious." I smiled.

"Oh please, call me Elizabeth!" Hayes' mom waved her and in the air.

I laughed, "Okay. Well Elizabeth, can I help with clean up?"

"Oh not at all love, you should get to bed or home, not sure which one you're doing." 

"Probably going home, I have to call my mom first though. Thank you for dinner again." 

"Of course, dear."

I grinned before turning toward the stairs and making my way to Hayes' room. I knelt beside the suitcase and slid my phone out, dialing my mom. 

"Hey, how was the studio?" I could hear my mom's smile.

"We never actually made it to the studio, we decided to chill with Sky instead."

"Fun." 

"It was actually."

"So what're the plans, now?" My mom asked.

"I'm gonna take a taxi to the house, I just need the address."

"Yeah, about the house. The constructors are still finishing the last minute touches so we are all crammed in a hotel."

"Ew."

"Yeah. So if you want to stay another night, I'll talk to you tomorrow and touch base with where the house is at."

"Sounds good. Thank you momma."

"You're welcome."

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Love you. Bye."

"Bye." I smiled before hanging up the phone.

I stood up and made my way out the door. 

"Guess, it's time to get you home, huh?" Hayes asked as I stood by him at the foot of the stairs.

"Actually, the house isn't completely finished yet, so if it's not a problem, I was hoping I could stay for another night?"

"Of course! You can stay as long as you'd like or need."

"Thank you."

"My pleasure, love."  

I pecked his cheek, "You wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure."

Hayes grabbed my hand and led me back into his room.