Chapter 13:

*Hayes' POV*

I ran up the few stairs leading toward the back door. I pulled open the screen door, revealing the sliding glass door. I slid it open and stepped inside I could hear Nash and Cameron laughing in the kitchen.

"What was all that about?" I asked as I entered the kitchen. 

"What was all that about?" Cameron asked putting an emphasis on the word 'that' as Nash made kissy faces behind him.

"Don't change the subject! What was that?" I asked again.

Nash chuckled, "Ask your girlfriend."

"Not my girlfriend!" I said as I turned and made my way over to the stairs. 

"My bad," Nash muttered, "I meant kissing buddy!" He called the last part as I began moving up the stairs and over to my room. I shook my head as I tapped on the door lightly.

"Who is it?" I heard Angele call out.

"It's me." I responded.

I heard a muffled second voice. Angele laughed making my stomach do a little flip and a large smile break out across my face. The door opened, revealing Angele. She was wearing spandex shorts and my sweater from camp.

"Angele Paige Morgese! You better be wearing pants!" A voice called out from my bed. 

Angele rolled her eyes, before turning around, "I'm wearing shorts, Serena."

I nodded once as I followed Angele into the room.

"Those are really short."

"Spandex often are." Angele retorted as she sat against the headboard and slid under the covers.

"Is that him?" Serena asked.

I turned toward where Angele was sitting, "Hey Serena." 

"Put him on Angele."

I walked over to where Angele was sitting I tapped her leg lightly and she slid over. I slid under the covers. 

"Hey." I smiled as Angele moved here phone so we were both in frame.

"Don't 'Hey' me, Benjamin Hayes Grier."

"Um... Okay?"

"You took advantage of Izzy!"

"Izzy?"

Angele pointed to herself. I nodded.

"Yes. She was in a difficult and very awkward situation and you took advantage of her!" Serena said continuing to get more and more frustrated as she went on. 

"Serena, he didn't do anything wrong!" Angele rolled her eyes.

"Guys slow down. I'm confused." I interrupted. 

"She's talking about the kiss." Angele stated.

"Oh."

"Rena I was the one who kissed him." Angele said sounding vaguely upset.

"You? Oh... Sorry Hayes."

"Not a big deal." I smiled.

"Well, what were you wearing to spark these feelings, Angele?" Serena chuckled.

"Um... Shorts and a white crop top I think."

I nodded confirming what she had said.

"A CROP TOP!? I though I told you to get rid of those."

"Woah, why would she get rid of them? She looked really good." I questioned.

"See Angele this is what I meant."

"Bye Rena, I love you." Angele said as she went to hang up.

"Don't you hang up on me Angele Pa----" The screen went black as Angele hung up.

"Sorry." Angele said.

"It's not your fault, plus I don't mind."

"Okay."

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, why would you think that?"

"Well, a bit has happened from you coming out here to me kissing you, and maybe you're starting to regret it and---"

I was cut off by Angele pressing her lips against mine. She laced an arm around my neck and laced her fingers in my hair. I gently cupped her chin in one hand and wrapped my other arm around her waist.

She pulled away slightly, "Don't ever think I regretted any of this." She whispered her lips brushing my lips lightly with each word.

I nodded once, "So what are we?" I whispered.

"Whatever you want us to be, I guess."

"Would you want to be my girlfriend then?"

"If that's what you want." She smiled softly.

"I wouldn't want anything else." 

Angele pressed her lips against mine once again.

I pulled back, "So is that a yes?"

"What do you think, Grier?" 

"Yes?"

Angele chuckled, "Yes."

"Yes." I grinned.