Chapter 17:

Hayes' POV

"The Shallows, really?" I questioned.

"Yes, The Shallows. Why must you criticize everything I like to watch?" Angele rolled her eyes as she turned on the TV and inserted the disk.

I chuckled as I sat down against the head board. Angele grabbed the remote and made her way to the left side of me. She slid under the covers beside me, smiling. I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her onto my lap so her back was on my abdomen.

"What's wrong with just sitting next to you?" She laughed.

"Nothing, but this is more fun for me." I smirked.

"Whatever." She grinned, turning her attention from me to the movie. 

I kissed the top of her head softly.

"Hayes, please don't." She whispered.

"Why not, love?" I questioned, whispering in her ear.

She closed her eyes, "I've been dying to watch this movie and you are distracting me." 

I chuckled, "Fair enough."

I lifted my head slightly, resting my chin on her head lightly. I turned my attention the the TV, watching Blake Lively try to speak Spanish. I chuckled.

"She is absolutely gorgeous." Angele commented.

"She's not bad."

Angele chuckled, turning her head and smiling up at me.

*****

Angele had leaned forward and was covering her mouth. She shrieked as the shark jumped out of the water, attacking one of Blake's only hopes of escaping the rock. I chuckled as the leaned back, hands still covering her mouth.

"Why is she watching the shark eat him? If it bothers her to the point of almost puking, why doesn't she just close her eyes?" Angele said, expressing her thoughts out loud.

"Maybe it's so disturbing that she can't look away."

"But still!" 

I chuckled, "Gosh I adore you." I kissed her head again.

She sat up, turning and looking at me, "Hayes, you can't do that right now. I want to watch the movie."

I shook my head, "I know. I'm sorry, I just can't not kiss you, you're amazing."

"I'll be amazing after the movie too."

"Very true. I'm sorry. I won't do it again." I smiled.

*****

Angele turned herself into my chest as the last scene took place.

"Are you okay?" I smiled.

"Yeah, it's just intense."

I chuckled.

"I don't do scary or intense very well, I get to into the movie." Angele explained.

"Oh, I know."

"Shut up." She grinned as she turned watching the end of the movie.

I leaned my chin on her head again.

"Don't you dare kiss me right now." She warned.

"I won't, until the credits."

"The credits is fine, just not right now."

I smiled down at Angele, noticing how her muscles tensed as the scene got more intense. She gasped as the movie came to an end.

I used my hand and guided her head lightly so she was facing me, I cupped her face gently and leaned down, kissing her slowly.

She pulled away, "How can you think about kissing me at a time like this? How was she able to do that? I would've never--"

I interrupted her, "C'mon Angele. I've been waiting the entire movie to kiss you."

"But Hayes--"

I leaned down, kissing her again, silencing her. She smiled against my mouth, before kissing me back slowly. Our lips moved in sync for a few moments. Angele pulled away smiling.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"You're welcome. Now what'd you think of the movie? The ending was good but was odd, I mean she's so courageous, I never would've."

I chuckled, "Never a dull moment." 

"Hayes what'd you think?" 

I leaned down, kissing her once more. 

Shoutout:

@MuslimHijabi1 is this chapter's shoutout.
Thank you for being first to vote a lot of the time and for giving your opinion so quickly on my last post. I appreciate you!

If you didn't get the shoutout this chapter, don't sweat it, there are other chapters to come and other opportunities. "See" you guys next chapter.

Let me know what you think :)