Chapter 25

We were back in the van and I couldn't stop thinking about what I read. Adeline, the last Faithful Alpha, her story sounded so similar to mine. Her parents died at a young age. She fell for her Beta not knowingly. Her mate was injured then kidnapped. She was kidnapped, in her rescue her Beta was believed to be killed. Her and her mate constantly fought and argued.  Though I haven't seen why Andrew wouldn't want me to read this yet. I only had two pages left and nothing but questions.

Why did she not connect with her mate? Her friends spoke to her about their bonds and they were so different. They were filled with love and devotion, yet hers like mine was filled with reaching for it but not being able to quite grasp it. Did I love Ben? Yes. Was I in love with Ben? I can't honestly answer that. The passages from the mates hand writing was so much different then hers. He believed they were in love, that once she opened to him they'd live happily with their pups, nothing like what she wrote. She was so sure that there was something wrong with their bond, even went as far as asking the other Alphas.  Not that they'd answer her.

I felt someone shake me from my thoughts. " Victoria, Are you okay?" I shivered at my name. No matter how I feel I know one thing, I react physically towards him.

" Of course Ben, I was just thinking." I smiled up at him easily hiding my discomfort. He pulled me into him and kissed the top of my head. At the beginning I had the need for him like a drug. You feel like without it you'll die. But just like a drug, eventually you start noticing other symptoms.

"We are almost there." He whispered in my ear. Like the distractions of the mind, I noted.

"Good." I went to switch seats, but he pulled me back down. Struggling to get free, trouble breathing when you think of taking it and thinking of leaving it forever. The lack of will.

"It's not time yet." He kissed my cheek. And I hopped over the seat in front of me.

"How much further Alex?" I called

"Two .... Three hours tops." He called back.

"Luke take over. Eli you and Andrew are with me. Alex your with Ben." I looked back to see Ben open his mouth to argue but I didn't give him the chance. "We will figure the rest of the plan when we arrive." I laid down and rested my head on Andrew's lap.  We ignored Ben's growls.

"What's up?" He asked looking at me. I tapped my head and he nodded in understanding.

' Ok so I see the similarities.....but I'm not seeing the worry yet.' I sent

'You won't til the last page.' He glanced back up before handing me the pages again 'You might want to finish before we get there.' I looked at him curiously.

'What do you think is the problem with the bond?' I questioned. I didn't receive a reply instead he threw acover over the seats so no one could tell what we were doing. I started to read again.

........

POV Adeline.

Ignoring my gut feeling I took a few of our people into Chaos Pack territory. My new Beta has been acting funny. I don't think he knows I've noticed the anxious glances towards me and my mate. Curious to know if he knows anything I decided to question him tonight when everyone was sleeping.

.....

Last night I spoke with my Beta he showed me my grandmothers diary. I was surprised at what I found but more then that I was grief stricken. I now understand why he was so hesitant to show me. Faithful Alpha's have more then one mate or are suppose too. I can't seem to look at my mate the same anymore. He is the reason for my heartache, considering if he hadn't pushed me away my Beta would still be here.  My grandmother wrote what her mother warned her. When you choose a Beta be warned you are choosing a mate. Apparently that is the mating process when they both accept the other completely and are willing to share their power together that's the reason for our mating trials. So the consort and mate can prove their worth to the Alpha. Though most Alpha's end up choosing their mates my grandmother didn't.  She chose her Beta, her Consort, and their original mates died from heartbreak or so she was told. She died before my mother was able to pick her Beta. I wonder if she ever knew she had a choice. Would she still pick my father? I would like to think so.

.....

This is my last and final entry. I hope my daughter or her daughter gets to read this. I'm getting married today, to the one man I've always truly loved. The day I went back for my dead Beta was the day that I realized my true feelings about my mate. I found my Beta alive and well and I wept for joy. I knew then what I had to do. I turned on my mate, our Luna. Do I regret it? Of course but I know that I did the right thing. I wouldn't ever change it not if it meant that I was trapped with a man that I didn't truly love. Just remember you have a choice, we all have a choice.

POV Victoria.

I finished the last page and looked up at Andrew in shock.  I couldn't even form real words. Finally I sent him my thoughts. 'I'm not Faithful Pack who says I have two mates...... Plus Mikey is dead. No. No .NO.' I held my head trying to think clearly but my head was spinning out of control.

"That's what she thought too..... But you've been doing research. When a member is forced out of a pack the feeling is like they died...... Also you aren't Faithful your the direct line from Innocent but your mate is and your an Alpha Female. Also I wouldn't be surprised if you were some line of Faithful as well. We only know Ben because of his ability against silver, but you did take that up pretty fast. Before you were even mated if I recall. You shouldn't of been able to get it til you were officially mated." He explained threw our link. "I'm not saying that Mikey is for sure alive but it is strange how close the past is to now." I nodded.

I pulled out the little wooden wolf out of my pocket. If I knew this before, before Mikey was kidnapped who would I of chose. I thought this long and hard til I realized the answer. I was to stubborn to choose I'd worry that Mikey had conspired against me. Next question who is better for me and my pack. I came up blank. I pulled the blanket down from above us. I went to the back of the van and grabbed some guns and silver daggers.

"Alpha we are at the border now." Alex informed me.

"Gear up and let's get Mikey. This time no one is left behind.' I let the determination I felt be heard.

I put the little wooden wolf away as I exited the van.