Chapter 1

"Victoria! Wake your lazy butt up! I swear your worse then my mate!" I turned my head into my pillow and groaned. Maybe if I ignore her I might be able to stay here a little longer. Just as I thought I succeed I felt a pull on my ankle.

"Angel! You better not do it!" I heard Trevor my third say in a warning tone. I smiled knowing he wouldn't let her get in trouble with me and I snuggled deeper in my blanket.

"But Trevor" She whined. " What about the rouges?" My eyes shot open and I bolted up bumping my head against my knee.

"What rogues? Where are they? Is everyone okay?" I grabbed her arm causing her eyes to widen in alarm. I shook her when I received no reply. "Answer me now Angel!" Nothing. 

My head snapped at the sound of muffled laughter. "I'm sorry Tori but your faces are priceless." He spoke between laughs. My blood started to boil. Lives are in danger and he is laughing at my face! I stood up and grabbed a pair of jeans and T-shirt to change into. When I was changed I stomped back into the room. 

"Now someone please tell me what's going on with the rogues before I lose my patience." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Calm down Tori. My mate was joking. She just wanted you up so we can head to sch..." He stopped when he noticed my eyes blazing. Angel dropped to the floor and crawled to me in submission.

"Please forgive me Alpha Silver. I really didn't mean anything by it. I know I shouldn't joke about rogues after...." She stopped knowing what happens when they talk about the past. I took a deep sigh and touched her shoulder. When she flinched I knelt down and grabbed her chin gently to look at me.

I gave her a warm smile which she returned. "Stand up Angel. You are my friend and no friend of mine is to bow down to anyone." I glanced at the clock 5:36. I gave her a bewildered look. " God Angel we still have over an hour to get to school. I know your excited to get back with your cheer squad but still."

She gave me a sly smile. "Tori I think you forgot that you have a meeting with Alpha Grayson of the Blood Pack  in twenty minutes." Trevor snorted causing me to smile.

" That pompous still thinks he can get you to sign a treaty using his charm on you so you can convince your "mate"." He used air quotes around the word mate making me laugh at the thought of my fake mate. Yes, women can't be Alphas but my pack supports me completely unfortunately others wouldn't agree. So when I'm out of my territory I bring Eric along with me to pretend we are mates. He only speaks what I tell him to and I'm introduced as Luna instead of Alpha. Luckily Eric looks scary enough to be an Alpha even though he's the biggest softy I know. Though I do worry about him finding his mate and what that may mean for my cover. You know it'd suck to be in a meeting with an Alpha and have some girl try to tear my head off when I kiss his cheek and say how lucky we are to have each other. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. Sniffing the air I smiled and swung the door open.

"Well well if it isn't the almighty Alpha Female." He spoke softly to me.

"Don't sweet talk me I'm mad at you." I put on the best fake scowl I could. He looked at me for a minute trying to tell if I was lying or not.

"Your mad at me? What have done this time?" He asked cautiously making me smile to myself. Instead I gave him a shocked look.

" What you don't even know?!" His eyes widened

"Tor Tor." He said my childhood nickname and pouted his lips at me.

" You mean you didn't realize you left me heartbroken when you went to search for your mate and didn't even give me a call so I knew you were alive?" I fake gasped. He broke out in a smile.

" I thought I'd surprise you instead." I eyed him suspiciously not liking the sound of that. " Now don't give me that I think as your bestest friend in the world I deserve some credit." I slowly nodded. He smiled and pulled something out of his back pocket. "Hold out your hands." I slowly obeyed still waiting for the catch when he removed his hands to reveal the object I gasped.

"Where .... Where did you find this?"

"It's a secret."

"Mikey I love it." I said still mesmerized by the small wooden wolf in my hands. " It looks just like the one my mom had given me when I was a child." I looked up at him and noticed a sad smile on his face. I wiped the tear in my eye before it could fall. He looked like he wanted to hug me but knew better then to do it. If Mikey wasn't my Beta I wouldn't of been surprised if he was my mate with how much he knows and cares about me. He is the closest thing I've had to family since I was five.

" Well this one is magical." He said proudly.

" Magical?" I gave him an incredious look.

"This mini wolf is suppose to sit by your bed so when you fall asleep it is said to guide Alphas to peace and happiness." I scoffed.

"How is a little wooden object supose to do that? And anyway we are at peace and happy. Unless you think there is something wrong with the way I lead the pack." I spoke defensively he touched my arm gentle to tell me to calm down.

"Victoria Silver, you are the best Alpha there is. You have protected this pack and lead it with no help or guidance since the age of five. We have only lost seventeen people in those thirteen years and only two weren't from old age. No one is starved or abused or homeless. You are a fine Alpha and we all enjoy being under your charge. However, your pack may be at peace and happy but our Alpha is not. Our Alpha worries about being discovered and fears a mate. Our Alpha is loved by many but lets only a few in. Our Alpha wakes up at night screaming and clawing at herself every night and don't you lie to me about it I've seen you do it along with a few others. Our Alpha is not at peace and happy and though her pack is we also worry about our strong Alpha and wish she would find her mate." I went to argue but he refused to let me. " Though we would never let him be our Alpha because the only Alpha we reconginize is Alpha Victoria Silver. We wish her to be happy and be at peace and a mate would do that for her what she has done for us."

I was speechless and didn't know what to say so instead I looked at the clock. 5:55. "We got a meeting to go to Mikey." He smiled in understanding and we headed off. On the way the the meeting Eric met up with us and I stepped next to him and let him wrap his arm around me. As we entered I smiled up to him with the love and pride I held for my pack.