Chapter 6

I walked upstairs to my room avoiding everyone. I grabbed a black jean skirt that went mid thigh, a white tank top, some black strappy ankle boots and my leather jacket. I curled the ends of my hair put some mascara on and headed back down to my Land Rover. I saw Mikey looking grim leaning against the passenger door. "What are you doing?"

"Going to school what does it look like?" I snapped.

"Your avoiding your mate." He accused.

"And?" He sighed and walked towards me.

"You are freaking out for no reason." And yet again I lost it.

"No reason! I worked thirteen years to stand here for my pack to stand here! And he is going to take it all away!" 

"How do you know?" 

"Because that's where he belongs and I don't!" I fell to my knees. "No woman can be an Alpha, Mikey, He even said so." He knelt by me. 

" I doubt it's as bad as you think." I looked down towards the ground. " If he cares about you even a fraction of what I do he will let you stand where you are."

"How can you be so sure?" He took a deep breathe and I knew he was about to say something hard for him.

"Because a few years ago I hoped you were my mate and even then would have never took Alpha but I would of took you." My eyes widened in shock. He chuckled. "Don't worry your like a little sister to me now some one I love and protect and" He ruffled my hair. "tease." I flung my arms around him laughing." 

"Do you think?" I looked up to him hopefully

"I hope."  He spoke honestly.

"Me to." I stood up and hopped in the car with Mikey soon after. I pulled out and headed to school.

...

School and practice were horrible I couldn't get him out of my head to focus. Is he ok? ' Victoria!' My head snapped up and realized everyone was staring at me. " Alpha Silver is your mate okay?"

"I am fine Alpha Phillip. Just a little distracted." He nodded as if it was normal for Luna's to be distracted. 

"As we were discussing Alpha Silver. We are having a shortage of males and have many women who are mate less." Eric nodded as if in understanding. 'Ask him how this concerns us.'

"I see Alpha Phillip but I must ask how this concerns us." Eric repeated.

"Well I have heard your Beta has been looking for his mate along with some of your other males." I glanced at Mikey. He was shifting from foot to foot causing me to smile. Eric looked looked at me and I nodded. ' Tell him he can send the unmated females in groups of no more then ten. If they find their mate they can decide to stay with us or with you but it must be there choice. As for our Beta if he finds his mate within your girls we will sign a treaty without hesitation that is the best we can offer without knowing much about his pack.'

"This what I can offer....." Eric went into the deal I had made dates and places of meetings we could do. It didn't take long for the Alpha to happily agree. Before he went to leave he turned to me with a devilish smile.

" I hope to do business with you soon Alpha Silver and I do hope you find your real mate soon."  He went to leave but I called out to him.

"How did you know? No other Alpha has realized." I asked panicked.

"Honestly I didn't until you got distracted and Eric here looked panicked. I didn't understand why until I noticed he wasn't really in our conversation he had been talking through pack links. Luna's normally don't focus on these meetings they get bored easily. You were more focused then anyone else. Then I remembered you two have supposedly been together for almost two years and haven't even mated. That's when I pieced it together." I looked at him shocked and worried. "Don't worry Alpha Silver your secret is safe with me treaty or no treaty. You are a remarkable Alpha and looked up to by many whether they know your true face or not. Plus I think it's remarkable how well you've stayed hidden and how brave you are to go against traditional status's."