two

Mitch Grassi's POV

I HATED CLEANING, ESPECIALLY IF it wasn't even my own house since I had no clue where anything went. Avi and Kevin forced me to help them clean their extremely messy house, most of which was from Avi since Kevin is a complete angel and clean-freak.

"Avi told me something," Kevin said as he struggled holding some lamp that was probably bigger than me. I immediately rushed over to him, helping him as I looked to him with a confused expression. "And what was that?" I asked.

"He told me you met the Scott Hoying, and he said you two seemed to get along well."

I shrugged, helping him put it in Avi's basement. "I mean, I did meet him but I don't think we got along that well. I tried to become his friend but he's so blocked off," I sighed, making sure not to trip over any steps as we went down. "Yeah," he said. "People say he only has one friend and her name is something like Kristy," he said, finally reaching the bottom as I dropped it gently on the table next to the staircase with Kev. "Oh. I see," I then let out a breath, "Well, if he happens to see me again, or vice versa, I'm going to try to talk to him."

He rolled his eyes, then chuckled. "Of course you would. Avi and I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

I smirked, then went back upstairs with the guy. Seeing Avi, we made our way to him and looked around. I was pleased with what I saw, since we were finally finished, and I grabbed my phone from its charging position on Avi's counter. "I'm leaving," I declared. Avi and Kevin shrugged. "Okay, see ya," Avi said. Kevin looked at me, winked, then said, "Don't bother Scott too much."

Avi looked at him in confusion as I rushed out of the door with a laugh. I knew he was probably confused.

I stopped abruptly when I saw the park-type of place in front of his house. I also saw a familiar face. Scott.

He was sitting against one of the most likely dead trees, and he was focusing on something in his lap as he scribbled aimlessly against the paper. He wore exactly what he did yesterday except his hoodie wasn't over his head, and he was too concentrated to notice me, so I walked up to where he was carefully, making sure not to make any noise to startle him. Once I made it, he probably saw my feet, then he looked up and immediately clutched the paper to his chest as he seemed terrified. So much for trying not to.

"Sorry," I said sheepishly, then sat next to him against the darkening tree. "So," I said. "You actually go out willingly in public," I stated.

He chuckled, but then caught himself and sighed. "What do you want? You're a little creepy," he said, slightly scooting away from me. I wanted to laugh, but I figured that wouldn't be appropriate, so I settled for just saying, "I didn't know you were here, you know. I'm not stalking you."

"Right," he didn't seem to believe me. I rolled my eyes, "My friend's house is right there," I said, gesturing to Avi's house just a few feet away. He looked there, then shrugged, "I'm assuming it's that guy you brought last night."

"Yeah," I said. After some silence, he spoke, "Not that I care or anything, but are you two a thing or something?"

I snorted, "I don't date straight guys. I'm sure they wouldn't date me, either."

He smiled a little bit, but never looked at me. "Cool."

"Scott!" A girl's voice screeched. "I thought I told you–oh," a woman stopped rushing over to us as she looked at me. "Hi," I smiled, she looked to Scott, then me, and back to Scott. "Who's this?"