twelve

Mitch Grassi's POV

IMAGINE WAKING UP ONE DAY and realizing the reality you thought you just had was a dream. Imagine that dream consisted of someone you know, someone that annoys the shit out of you but you still like nonetheless.

For me, that person was Scott Hoying.

In my dream, he kissed me, and don't even ask me why because I don't even know, and then he was talking about the scars on his chest, and I felt like I was in some cliche romance book. I obviously don't remember what he said about the scars, but they were definitely there and had a bad past.

I wanted him to tell me more about him, but since I don't know that much, he didn't say anything. It was just us in my living room, nothing else. That's all.

So it was weird - like, really weird.

I climbed out of bed, needing to shower and eat. I didn't know if Scott was gone again, but I hope not. I hope our conversation changed his view. Or changed his stone cold demeanor - that'd be great.

***

I heard my phone ding, so I took it off of the coffee table, and I wasn't surprised when it was a text from Avi.

Avi:
??? Scott appeared ??? Did you know ????

Mitch:
yeah???? sorry for not telling you??? why so many question marks????????

Avi:
Because???? Idk????

Mitch:
okay???? well????

Avi:
Kirstie's happy.

Mitch:
;)

Avi:
stop

Mitch:
;) ;) ;)

Avi:
goodbye

Mitch:
ok

I loved to tease him about him and Kirstie. But I was curious to where Scott was, and how he was, so I went to his contact. I didn't remember if he had my number, so I mentioned my name.

Mitch:
it's mitch. you okay? just wondering.

Scott:
yes

Mitch:
okay. you're not gonna disappear again, right?

Scott:
probably not. i'll try not to.

Mitch:
okay

Scott:
im sorry

Mitch:
what about??

Scott:
leaving and stuff

Mitch:
it's fine

Scott:
okay

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I scrolled everywhere on my phone. Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr... there wasn't anything interesting. I immediately got an idea as I saw something on Twitter, and I wanted to ask Scott, Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin if they wanted to go, but for some reason, I had a feeling Scott wouldn't want to.

Mitch to: Avi, Kevin, and 3 others:
guys. there's a thing later today. I want us all to go?

Avi to: Avi, Kevin, and 3 others:
again with the question marks???? anyways sure I'm bored

Kirstie to: Avi, Kevin, and 3 others:
Sure thing

Kevin to: Avi, Kevin, and 3 others:
I'm in.