nine

Mitch Grassi's POV

WHEN I WOKE UP, I didn't see Scott, but instead, Kevin, Avi, and Kirstie. I groaned, my head starting to hurt more than I anticipated last night. "Fuck," I muttered. "What happened?"

"One or two of your drinks last night were drugged," Avi sighed. "By who, we don't know."

"You're okay though," Kevin smiled. "And that's what important."

"Who found me?" I asked.

"Scott, obviously," Kirstie replied. "He brought us to you and I don't think I've ever seen him so stressed. He seemed so depressed when he gave us you."

"Really," I wanted to smile, but that seemed mean.

"Yeah," Avi smiled with a shrug. I looked around, but it didn't seem familiar. "Where am I?"

"Oh!" Kirstie grinned, a blush forming on her cheeks. "My place."

I nodded, not replying, and slowly got up off of the couch I was on. "Thank you guys," I mumbled, standing up. I felt a bit of nausea hit me, but I ignored it.

"Mitch?" Kev said. "You okay?"

"Huh?" I looked to him. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

My stomach churned, and I bit my lip, ignoring it again. I felt dizzy, and I wanted to desperately sit down, but I knew I shouldn't have. "No, you're not," Avi would've caught me if I had fallen. "I am!" I insisted. "Let me heal myself."

They all sighed or groaned, but let me nonetheless. I walked around, taking some deep breaths, and making sure I didn't puke, I walked back to the three. "See? I'm fine."

"Okay," Kirstie said warily, as if she didn't trust me. "Anyways, I'm gonna go get you something to eat, you seem a bit... weak," she smiled sheepishly, shrugging and rushed into the room that I assume was the kitchen.

I looked to Avi and Kevin. "Is she okay?"

"She's still a bit shaken up from Scott. She saw him last night for the first time in a week or more of his disappearance, maybe," Avi replied.

"Oh," I mumbled. Then I remembered what I had to tell Kirstie. "I'll be right back."

I slowly walked into the room she basically sprinted into, seeing her at the counter, holding onto it for dear life. She must've not noticed me come in, so when I gently touched her shoulder, she jumped and looked at me.

"Oh," she let out an intake of air. "Thank God, you scared me. Sorry, I was just..." She trailed off. "Thinking."

"Don't be sorry," I smiled, "But uh," I sighed. "Not to make things worse, but Scott mentioned that he, and I quote, 'won't be back for awhile'."

She nodded slowly, "Okay. Don't worry, you just needed to deliver the message, I won't shoot the messenger."

I smiled gratefully. "Do you need some help? I don't think you're alright right now. I can always make myself something."

She sighed, "No, I'm fine. How about we do something positive?"

"Alright, like what?" I inquired.