eight

Mitch Grassi's POV

HE DISAPPEARED AGAIN. I WAS worried once more, except this 'worry' I was feeling felt a lot more intense, like my gut was trying to tell me something, maybe.

I still wasn't really talking to Meat & Potatoes, but I did talk to Kevin some. I didn't talk to Avi at all.

I didn't talk to anyone, really, since I didn't talk to Kevin or Avi because of the argument, Kirstie because I don't know her, and Scott because he kind of... is gone. Like he left the face of the earth.

And so, when Kirstie came rushing to my apartment, nearly in tears, I wanted to know why.

"Kirstie!" I exclaimed. "Calm down. What's wrong?"

"S-Scott. I can't find him. He did this before — God, he wasn't okay when he did — we need to find him!"

"Okay, okay," I said, my stomach dropping. "What happened when he disappeared? Why did he?"

"Okay, so he just left the city for a few days, I don't know where, but he just left because—" and then she stopped. She immediately recovered, though. "One of his loved ones had died."

His grandfather was the first thought that came to mind. My jaw dropped, "We need to visit his grandfather," I stated, and she shook her head. "No. It's too long of a drive. We can try to call him, though, but why?"

I pursed my lips, smiled, and sighed. "Let's just call him first."

She nodded as well, taking out her phone, and dialed an unfamiliar number. Ten beeps later, it was called, and there was no answer. "Did you dial it correctly?" I asked, my mind starting to swirl.

"Yeah," she bit her lip, "Why?"

"I... God... I just — did you visit the local police to tell them about Scott when he disappeared?" I asked.

She simply shook her head, "No. They wouldn't care. They'd be grateful, if anything."

"I'm trying," I said immediately, "I actually care for the stone cold asshole."

She softened for a moment, smiling. "You do?"

I sighed, but nodded nonetheless. "I do. He's cool, sometimes."

"Okay," she nodded, ignoring my statement about him. "We can try."

***

I wasn't really expecting them to shut us down or laugh. They did.

Well, they laughed, I mean. They did try to look for him.

I wonder where he is.

***

It's been a few hours.

They still haven't seen him.

I haven't either.

***

Kevin is talking to me. Avi is trying. They still think I like him. They're wrong.

***

It was almost 1 in morning. There wasn't any sightings of him yet. Maybe yet.

"Mitch," Kevin sighed. "Why are you so worried?"

"Because he's someone I consider a friend and I don't want my friends to be gone," I said, all too quickly.

"Really," Avi wanted to smirk or smile, do something, but I think he knew that it would make me mad. "Yes," I confirmed.

"Okay," he didn't talk after that.

So when it hit 1, I expected nothing. I didn't think he'd be back by that technical day, or the next. Maybe he would be back, but for now, I don't think he will for awhile now.