twenty

Mitch Grassi's POV

BEFORE, IF SCOTT ASKED ME if I wanted to go on a walk with him at ten at night, I would've rejected and asked him what the hell was he thinking, but now I know he probably needed to talk to me, so I dropped everything and put on decent clothes - a tshirt and some sweats - and met him outside of one of the parks. It was fairly cold since the moon was out and the sun was gone, and the street lamps provided no heat whatsoever, and so I pulled my tshirt closer to me and waited for the tall blond.

I saw a tall figure walking with his hands stuffed in his pockets, the familiar blond swirl of hair on the top of his head like he usually styled it. The moment he saw me, he went a bit faster and furrowed his almost non existent eyebrows. "Are you crazy?" He sighed, bringing out an arm and I hugged him, sighing of content when I felt warmth. "It's freezing out here. Were you thinking 'oh let's wear an almost sleeveless shirt at ten PM outside'?"

"No, it was more of 'why the hell did Scott ask me to take a walk with him at ten at night and what's wrong?'" I retorted.

"Sorry," he chuckled, holding me closer.

I rolled my eyes before looking up at him. "So what's up? Why the late walk?"

He sighed, then a small smile formed on his lips. "Well," he started. "I've been thinking."

"Oh no," I said sarcastically, making him huff. "Wow," he scoffed. "And to think I let you borrow my body warmth," and then he removed his arm making me frown, "I'm sorry, Scott. Forgive me?" I said, giving him puppy eyes. He rolled his eyes, "You only want my heat."

"No," I then hugged him even though he didn't hug back. "I want to hug you."

"Fine," he simply smiled, putting an arm around me once more. I cuddled into him, "Anyways," I said. "What've you been thinking about?"

"I wanted to ask you tomorrow but I really wanted to ask you now," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "Um, so, do you like me?"

"I feel like we're 12 years old right now. Yes, Scott, I do," I smiled.

"Okay, well, Mitchell Grassi, will you be my boyfriend?" And as he asked that, a tinge of pink landed on his sharp cheeks, his lips still in that adorable smile that I've been seeing more and more of every day. His blue eyes mixed with my brown and I smirked, "Maybe," I joked. He rolled his eyes, but I then laughed and nodded. "Yes. I would like that."

He breathed a sigh, possibly from relief, and wrapped his arms around my torso, and I dug my face into his chest, inhaling, his minty scent obvious. "Cologne," I slightly elbowed him and he scoffed, "I didn't want to smell bad."

"Mhm," I hummed, and I looked back up, his lips landing on mine.

***

"Why?" Avi said. "You haven't talked to us in days and now you're telling us you're dating Scott?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm sorry about ignoring you two, by the way."

"It's fine," Kevin said as Avi sighed, nodding, agreeing with him. I smiled, and then Kevin pointed to my head. "So, when were you gonna tell us about that?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I touched my hair, then widened them. "Oh, yeah. Sorry, uh, Scott told me I kept rambling once I got out of the hospital about how I wouldn't look bad with blond hair, so I checked it out and well, I like it."

Avi widened his own eyes, "Hospital?"

"Shit," I muttered. "Kirstie or Scott didn't tell you?"

"Obviously not," Kevin retorted. I pursed my lips, "I mean, I was just stabbed once, it's not a big deal—" I started, but Avi stood and stared at me, "Where?"

"My side, so I was and am fine," I stated. "It didn't last long."

"Who?" Kevin asked immediately. "I don't know but some guy was in my apartment, I assumed a robber, but they said something and I was like, hey, maybe they aren't, and then it happened, and—"

"What'd they say?" Kevin inquired, raising a dark eyebrow. "Uh," I coughed awkwardly. "That's not important."

"It is, now what'd they say?" Avi interrupted.

"Scott made me do this," I mumbled.

"Are you serious? Fuck, you're still with him? What if he's some killer that's plotting to kill you at your weakest?" Avi groaned.

"He isn't," I replied with offense laced in my voice. He can't just assume something like that. "And tell me, Mitch – how do you know?"

"Because if he was, he wouldn't have made all the first moves. He wouldn't have cried when he saw me in the hospital, and he wouldn't have been yelling at some guy outside of the hospital. He wouldn't have seemed genuinely hurt when any of this happened," I stated.

"Some guy? Mitch, did it ever occur to you that 'some guy' could've been the guy that hurt you?" Avi ran a hand through his hair, clearly exasperated. I slightly faltered. I hadn't thought of that. I stayed silent, not speaking once as so many thoughts ran through my mind. Was Scott really almost going to hurt that guy because he hurt me? Did Scott put him up to it, and if he did, why did he seem so hurt? Was it all an act?

"No," I finally responded, but quietly. "Exactly," Kevin said calmly as Avi seemed like he was about to explode. He was always the most protective out of us three — he just feared we wouldn't be here anymore somehow. I understood.

Kevin looked at Avi and rubbed his shoulder soothingly, "It's fine, Avi. Mitch is okay, don't you see that?"

"I knew something was wrong," Avi ignored Kevin. "One night I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt abnormally sick, like I hadn't eaten in weeks but I did that day. It was like ten, maybe, and I ignored the feeling because I thought it was nothing, but no, it was you being hurt, and I knew that — my gut did," Avi rambled.

Kevin stared at Avi, sighing. "Avi, calm down, please."

Avi looked at Kevin, then at the floor, playing with his hands. "Sorry, sorry."

"It's fine," both Kevin and I said at the same time. I smiled at Kevin, and he smiled back. "So, young one," Kevin started, referring to me. "Where'd you two go for your first date?"

***

a/n:: lol this is gonna be longer than i thought. probably 25 chapters? 24, 23 maybe? or even 22? idk. let's seeee. next chapter should be longer and if it isn't, then chapter twenty two should be longer.

defect ➵ scömìcheOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara