seven

Mitch Grassi's POV

I DIDN'T SEE SCOTT FOR a few days after the encounter with his grandfather. I figured he was fine, but my worries never faded. Kirstie insisted he was fine, so did Avi and Kev, but I still worried even if it wasn't my place to.

To distract myself, I had spent the entire day with Kevin and Avi, but I still didn't feel at ease. My mind was elsewhere.

"You okay?" Kevin asked. I jumped, looked to him, and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. But thanks for asking."

"No you're not," Avi stated, setting a mug in front of me. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, "Still worried. Why else?"

"He's fine," Avi smiled. "I promise."

"If you insist," I said, still not believing him. I barely knew the guy yet I was worried for him. What's happening to me?

"We should go to the carnival," Kevin said, scrolling through his phone and showing us a picture of a flyer.

'Silverwood's 30th Anniversary,' it read. 'Tickets half off.'

I smiled, grateful for their concern, but shook my head. "No, guys," I declined. "It's too much."

"So? I want to go and we are not going without you," Kev crossed his arms and stared at me with a stern look.

I chuckled, "Fine. Just today, maybe an hour or two."

"We are gonna stay there longer than an hour," Avi stated proudly. "Why?" I inquired.

"Because if we're spending money on tickets, we're gonna use them wisely!" Kevin answered for Avi.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, fine. Let's go, then."

And just like that, they pulled me out the door, not ready at all, and forced me to go to the theme park, despite my focus not being on them, but on that tall blond boy that refuses to leave my mind.

***

"You're not really concentrating, are you?" Avi pursed his lips. I looked to him, "What? Oh, sorry. No, I'm not."

"You totally like Scott," Kevin smirked as Avi widened his eyes, then his lips also turning into a smirk, making me blush. "What? No! I don't really know him, what're you talking about?"

"Mitch," Avi laughs, "You've been thinking about him all day. How long have we been here? Maybe three hours? You go on the rides but you don't seem as into it as us or the kids on it were," Avi stated.

"Is it somehow considered a crush if I'm worrying for one of my friends?" I asked, maybe a bit too harshly. "No, but it is when your mind doesn't want to leave him alone."

"God," I groaned. "I don't like him," I confirmed, and I knew it was true. I didn't like the blue eyed blond boy, nor would I ever.

"Are you sure?" Kevin asked me, and I knew I was about to explode. "Am I sure? Why don't you ask yourselves that? I am sure!"

"Okay," Avi's eyes were a bit wide. "Calm down."

I sighed, shutting my eyes closed. "Can we leave? Well, I could, but you guys drove me here. You know what? Never mind. Forget that. I'm leaving without you two. Just give me some space," I said, stuffing my hands in my coat's pockets, smiling a fake smile, and walked away, despite their worried looks. Worried my ass.

I was walking. To where? I have no clue. But now all I could think of was that they didn't need to pressurize me into thinking that - and the fact that the thought even went through their minds made me mad - they can't tell me who I might have a crush on. I do not like Scott. I don't. I do not.

I heard a car's engine getting closer. I wanted to look back, but I was in fear of seeing Avi, Kevin, or some creep. I was hoping that they'd zoom passed me, but when they got closer and slower, I looked to my left, and their windows were tinted black. One rolled down, and I looked at the face I really didn't want to, but I smiled anyways. "Do you need something?" I asked.

"Get in," he demanded. I sighed, "No. I'm walking."

"Well unless you want to walk for five hours without stopping, maybe jogging a bit, then get in," he said. I bit my lip, then opened the door and sat in the passenger's seat. "Fine."

"Your house?" He asked. I nodded, and in the silence of the drive, I was a bit thankful he didn't ask what was wrong or if there was anything wrong. I was a little happy he didn't ask why I was walking, but instead just gave me the comfort of knowing he cares, even just for a little bit - or maybe just this once. It felt good.

"Scott?" I said. He glanced at me, then to the road. "Yeah?"

"Where were you? You don't have to tell me. It's just that you kind of disappeared today, and yesterday, and the day before that."

"Oh," he pursed his thin lips. "Just no where."

"Okay," I said, not pushing anything. I looked out the window, not focusing on him, or anything else, but just the things that flew passed us in the car window.

I felt around for my phone in my back pant pocket, and I took it, turned it on, and sighed, seeing more than just two notifications from Kevin and Avi.

"Six missed calls from Avi.
Seven missed calls from Kevin.
Nineteen new texts."

"Someone's popular," Scott joked, but I didn't laugh or chuckle. I didn't even smile. I just shrugged, and Scott must've noticed that I didn't want to talk about it, so he stayed silent, just as I wanted it to be.

I knew he wanted to know what was wrong, I knew he did, but it didn't matter at that moment. I didn't want to tell him that my friends insisted I had liked him - and that was the reason I was walking instead of driving and seemed mad. I didn't really think he needed to know something like that, especially if it was so stupid and pointless to fight over.

Avi, Kevin, and I were probably going to get over this in a day or two. Maybe.

Before I knew it, we arrived at my house, and I was a bit surprised he remembered where it was. Just as I was about to get out, he said my name. "Mitch?"

I looked to him expectantly.

"If you need anyone to talk to," he said. "I'm here."

I nodded, smiling, and that one, finally, wasn't a fake one.

***

a/n::: yippee

idk where a silver wood is in/near la but there ya go