six

Mitch Grassi's POV

I WAS OBVIOUSLY STILL SICK. It was hell, to say the least. I was definitely getting better, though. My sneezes became faded, my coughs weren't as bad, and I wasn't puking anymore; those are all good signs.

As I was watching tv, I heard a knock at my door, and for some reason I thought I knew who was going to be on the outside of it.

I got up, opened the door, and to my lack of surprise, Kirstie was smirking at me. I let her in and looked at her with confusion. "Yes?"

"I have a proposal!" She stated proudly. I looked at her with a weird look. "I'm gay," I said jokingly.

"Not that," she rolled her eyes. "You're going to go with Scott to his grandfather's."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "And why? What would I get out of this?"

"Why? Because I can't - and Scott always has someone go with him there. I have to be somewhere - somewhere that is none of your business - and he needs someone. Now what would you get as a reward? Him being closer to you. I bet you want to be his friend, and hell, maybe even more than that-" and I stopped her. "Whoa there, no. Just friends," I stated. She laughed, "Okay. Anyways, you two can get along really well, I can tell, so going with him is just going to enhance this friendship. Okay? You're going."

I shrugged, "Only if he's okay with it. I don't care. I mean, I could get him sick, considering my state right now."

"You won't. He almost never gets sick. The last time I saw him get sick was about nine or ten months ago," she said, and I shrugged again. "Alright."

"Good," she smiled, taking out her phone. "Now to ask Scott."

***

What I did not expect is for Scott to agree, but it seemed like Kirstie had persuaded him enough. Maybe he didn't care who he brought.

"You're leaving once he gets here," she said. "Get ready."

I looked down at my apparel; a regular white tshirt, jeans and socks. "What's wrong with this?" I asked.

She laughed, almost like she knew I was going to ask that. "Oh, unless you want to freeze your ass off, go get something warmer on."

I furrowed my dark eyebrows, "And where does his grandfather live?"

"Oh, just San Francisco." (a/n: i wouldve done a different city but that's apparently the coldest city in cali ok bye)

"What?" I widened my eyes. "That's a six hour drive!"

"Which is why you're leaving in about ten minutes. Go get something warm on!" She rushed. I obliged, going upstairs and grabbing a sweater, throwing it on myself.

I didn't really expect him to come here as fast as Kirstie said, especially since I had to fix my hair and make myself not smell like shit - but when he did, I was panting by the time I got downstairs as Kirstie struggled to hold in her laughter. "Shut up!" I groaned.

"That took you, like, 5 minutes," she chuckled as Scott was just staring at us, some amusement in his eyes. I felt great after I saw he wasn't as stone cold as he was when I was really sick.

"Are you ready?" He asked, and I nodded, my cheeks probably flustered. "I don't think Scott has ever said your name," Kirstie said. "Now to play "does Scott remember his name"."

Scott rolled his eyes, "Come on, Mitch," he emphasized "Mitch." I nodded, blushing again, and she smiled. "You two are so cute. You'd be such an adorable couple!"