- epilogue ➳ pt. 1 -

this is part one. there is a second part coming later. okay.

---------

"Sophia!" I call, trying to find my best friend, even though our place really isn't big.

"I'm here!" She calls from the kitchen.

I smile as I walk in, making her smile back.

"My brother is coming in, I think he might bring his friends too. You're okay with them coming here, right?" I ask.

"Of course. I'm not going to say no to you seeing your brother. I'll probably be out tonight anyways." She replies.

Sophia and I met at school, she's such a sweetheart, I'm so happy we starting talking. She moved in here shortly after we became friends, I needed help paying for the place and she needed somewhere new to live. We've had amazing times together, and she's the most amazing best friend I could ask for.

Sometimes I still think about Leah. We don't talk much anymore, and it's sad. I thought we'd make it through me being away, but apparently we couldn't. I'd say we're still friends, we just don't talk everyday like we did when I first got here. I talk to her a couple times a month, and it's just short conversations about nothing much. I miss her sometimes, I wish I had her around.

"Uh, Grace? You said his band was coming?" Sophia questions.

I sit at the table with her, "Yea, they are. Should I tell them not to or something?"

"I just thought maybe that would be awkward, or something. I don't know." She mumbles.

"I think it'll be okay..." I say, trying to convince her, and myself.

"Are you sure? I don't want to see you hurting, Grace. Being around an ex can be hard sometimes."

Ex.

Michael and I breaking up was mutual, but it wasn't very pretty.

We had a pretty bad fight over the phone, twice, and when he came by the apartment, that's when everything went wrong.

"I fucking love you, Michael!"

"And I love you! But this isn't fucking working and you know it!"

"You think I don't know this is hard? I'll be up at the worst hours just waiting for a call from you, but you're drunk or at some party half the time! It's like you don't fucking care about me!" I exclaim, standing as far away from him as I can in my small room.

"I'm sorry I have a fucking life! I have a job where I'm constantly busy, I only get back to the hotel after a show really fucking late. I'm social, sorry for having friends!"

I scoff, "I'm glad your social life is more important than me, and me focusing on my education."

He groans, "I can't deal with this!"

"Fine. It's over. Whatever, Michael. We're done. This is tiring. I'm tired of this." I spit, glaring at him.

"Good! Now I won't have to constantly worry about some girl alone in her room waiting on me. I won't have a fucking fear anymore."

"Fuck you! Get out!"

"Gladly!" He yells, pushing by me and to the front door.

I follow him, not completely finished.

"Have a nice life." He says, before he opens the door.

"I hate you! I fucking hate you!" I scream as he leaves and slams the door.

I fall to the floor, everything finally setting in.

"I fucking hate him." I mumble to myself, tears starting to fall.

"Grace... I'm so sorry." Sophia whispers, joining me on the floor.

I continue sobbing, "I love him. I still love him."

"I know. It'll be okay, I promise. It'll be okay."️

"Yea... I'll be fine." I choke out, forcing a weak smile.

"I know you better than that. I know it hurts. But you'll be okay. Maybe you'll work it out. I know you still love him." She says, giving me a small smile.

I take a deep breath, "Yea, everything will be okay."

-

"Ashton!" I exclaim, hugging him.

"Grace!" He smiles.

"I missed you!"

"I've missed you so much!" He giggles.

"Luke! Calum!" I exclaim, hugging both of them at once.

"Hey, how are you doing, Grace?" Luke asks.

"Everything is great! I'm so happy you're here!"

Calum laughs, "I swear, I've never seen you this excited."

"I haven't seen you in so long, I'm really glad you're all here."

"Hey." Michael mumbles, walking through the door.

"Oh, hi, Michael." I say, my smile fading.

"Oh, shit. I was supposed to be gone by now." Sophia mutters, rushing around.

She sees Michael and looks at me, her eyes widening.

"Uh, hey, guys." She says, pushing by them to the door. "Bye guys."

"Come on, we have a lot to discuss!"

-

"Have you talked to Bec lately?" Ashton asks, since the guys are having their own conversation.

"Yea, she misses us both, I think mum is driving her crazy. She's not ready for her last baby to leave." I lightly chuckle.

"I miss her." He says.

"Ashton, hey." Calum calls, getting Ashton to join their conversation.

"I'm gonna clean." I mumble, mostly to myself, picking up all the plates and food they left out.

As I'm cleaning everything I brought to the kitchen, somebody clears their throat. Startled, I look up to see Michael.

"Oh, hi." I mumble.

"Hey." He weakly smiles. "How are you, are you doing okay?"

"I'm fine, Michael." I snap.

"Sorry. I just wanted to check in on you. We haven't talked since..."

"We broke up? Yea, I know."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the things I said. I didn't mean any of it." He whispers, coming closer to me.

"Did you mean the part where you said you loved me?" I quietly ask.

"Of course. I love you, it's not a lie."

"Loved."

"No. I love you, Grace. Breaking up was the stupidest thing, and I've felt horrible since we broke up." He says.

"Michael..."

"I understand if you don't love me anymore. I just needed to tell you, or I'd always wonder what could've been. I'm sorry."

I let out a deep breath, "This really isn't a good time..."

"There's somebody else, right? I figured. It's okay, I hope you're happy." He says, forcing a weak smile.

As he turns to leave I sigh.

"No, Michael." I call, making him turn quickly.

"What?"

"It's you. It's always been you."

-------

remember. this is part one. luv u guys.