- 8 -

Ashton and I were seated downstairs waiting for Becca to come home so we could go out.

"I'm home!" Bec softly calls.

Ashton and I both walk over to her, "We were wondering if-"

He stops mid sentence and I'm pretty sure I know why.

They exact same thing that I'm hiding from Ashton happened to Bec.

The purple hickey on her neck is very noticeable and I don't think she even realizes it's there.

"Rebecca." Ashton says trying to stay calm.

"Yes.." She slowly speaks, obviously confused.

He points to her neck, "What the fuck is that."

She gives him a confused look then looks to me. I point to where my hidden hickey is and her eyes widen.

"Ashton.. I swear, nothing happened.." She carefully says, knowing at any second he's going to burst.

"Obviously something happened for that fucking hickey to end up on your neck!" He exclaims.

She looks somewhat scared before going to talk, "Ash-"

"Bec, you're sixteen! Why are you doing this shit?!" He yells.

I can see she's trying to hold back tears, Ashton's too stupid to notice.

"For your information, Matt was ready to go all the way, but I stopped him. You should be glad all I have is a fucking hickey." She replies, her voice raising slightly.

"He what?!" He yells, eyes wide.

"Ashton you said you wouldn't freak out.." I quietly say.

"That was before she came home with a hickey on her neck telling me this guy was wanting to have sex with her!" He shouts and turns back to look at Becca. "I don't want you around him anymore, Becca."

"Ashton, I'm sick and tired of you telling me and Grace who you do and don't approve of! Yeah sure we're fine with your opinion, but you can't boss us around for the rest of our lives! Just because dad isn't around doesn't mean you need to act like him." Becca spits, tears about to spill from her eyes.

"Don't you dare compare me to dad!" Ashton shouts, getting more and more angry by the second.

She just shakes her head as a tear falls before running upstairs.

Ashton looks to me but I don't say anything.

I know he's furious by the look on his face, the way his chest is rapidly rising and falling and

"A-Ash." I stutter out.

"What?" He growls.

"Relax..please.." I beg.

"How am I supposed to relax when a shallow guy wants to use a younger girl, my baby sister, for sex." He replies, trying not to raise his voice.

"I get it Ashton. Just you're crazy." I calmly say.

"I just don't want to see her get hurt by him." He quietly replies.

"I know you care Ashton. I understand that's where this anger is all coming from, you feel like you have to protect her. But I can't stress enough that you need to deal with it in a more calming way." I softly tell him.

"I-I.." He tries to speak, but no words come out..just a quiet sob.

"Ashton.." I whisper, rushing over to him.

I pull him into a hug and he buries his head into the crook of my neck.

This is strange. So strange. Ashton rarely ever cries and he would never, ever cry in front of other people. I've only ever seen him cry was when we were little. Last time he full out cried in front of people was three years ago.