Boys vs Girls

Chapter 3 – Boys vs Girls

“You’re going to be great”

“But what happens is Mr Shue doesn’t like it” Blaine asked on the way to the choir room.

“He has to. Even if he doesn’t most of us in the glee club will make sure you get in. What did I say yesterday? You’re basically already in.” Kurt grinned as they walked down the hallway holding hands.

“I don’t think I chose the right song” groaned Blaine.

“Seriously Blaine, if you don’t shut up I will make you shut up.” Kurt replied.

“O really, how you going to do that” Blaine replied raising an eyebrow and giving Kurt one of those Super star smiles that he loves. Kurt just blushed and gently punched him in the arm. Kurt led Blaine into the choir room and sat up the back. They continued to hold hands. Mr Shue entered.

“Welcome back guys, and a special welcome to Kurt. It’s great to have you back. For you Blaine it’s nice to see you and we can’t wait to see you audition today.”

Blaine just nodded to the teacher. Kurt however, “Thanks it’s great to be back”

“Ok so for this week’s project, I have decided we’re going to do girls versus boys. But the twist is this. The boys will have to choose a song sung by a girl and vice versa for the girls” There were a few moans around the classroom. Kurt and Rachel both sat straight in their chairs, excited and happy to do this project.

“Ok now we’ve got that out of the way, it’s time for you to audition Blaine. Are you ready???”

“Yes thank-you” Blaine replied as he let go Kurt’s hand and started down to the front. “oh sir,” Blaine asked “can I borrow Finn?”

“Yes you may” Mr Shue replied clearly intrigued. Blaine walked over and picked up and electric guitar and whispered something into Finn’s ear. The boy nodded and set up his Drum set. Finn started off, with Blaine following along, plating the melody with the guitar.

There it goes, another one is gone,

Another try, another one is wrong,

But where to go? What is there to say, here? 

No one knows I've never really felt

Good about the hand that I've been dealt.

What kind of game is this anyway, here? 

I want to make a statement 

About the pictures and their awful placement. 

I want everyone to see it too.

Blaine picked up the beat and his singing drowned out the exclamation and amazement in the audience.

I tried to be someone, 

But I don't know how. I don't know how. 

I've tried to be the one, 

But it's over now, it's over now.

I can see the loneliness in you. 

I know it well, and everybody's got it too. 

It's funny how I know I'm not alone. Here.

That's how it seems when I'm walking through the halls;

Everyone has reinforced their walls.

It's no one's fault that the vision ain't at all clear. 

Blaine didn’t just sing and play his guitar. He played with passion and meaning. The passion drove the glee club crazy. By now New Directions were singing with him and dancing around.

I don't know what is worse than

Feelin' like you're not a person. 

I want everyone to sing along. 

I tried to be someone 

But I don't know how. I don't know how. 

I tried to be the one,

But it's over now, it's over... 

All I ever wanted was to reach out, reach out

And have somebody take my hand. 

All I've ever gotten was locked out, locked out

Nobody would ever understand.

The glee club sung at the top of their voices with spirit. As the song came to a close the glee cast was clapping and cheering.

I tried to be someone.

But I don't know how. I don't know how. 

I've tried to be the one, 

But it's over now. It's over... 

I tried to be someone, 

But I don't know how. I don't know how. 

I tried to be someone,

But it's over now, it's over. 

It's over now, it's over now.

Blaine looked around and smiled at Mr Shue.  “Blaine, with that audition, you are defiantly in.” Everyone around him broke out with applauding and cheering. Most of them gave him a hug or patted him on the back. Kurt was the last one to hug him “I knew you could do it.” Kurt whispered into his ear.

“He’s defiantly a keeper, Kurt” Mercedes said and everyone broke into laughter.

“I’ll meet you in the cafeteria, okay?” Blaine said to Kurt. Kurt just smiled.

“Okay, I’ll see you then. Make sure you come this time. I don’t want to have to come and look for you again” Kurt smiled and walked away towards the cafeteria. Blaine turned and walked the opposite way towards his locker. He reached it and opened it and threw his books inside. He was just about to close it when it slammed shut and he was shoved up against the lockers. Everyone around seemed to scatter away. Karofsky grabbed and pulled him towards the football team’s locker room.

“Get off me,” Blaine struggled with Karofsky.

“You and your boyfriend better not say a damn thing about me or else I’ll kill you. Okay?” And with that Karofsky shoved Blaine hard into the sports lockers.

“What is your problem? First you scare Kurt so he leaves and when he’s back, you go continue to pressure us not to tell. If we wanted to tell we would have already okay. So just give us a rest” Karofsky swung at him. And it hit the mark.

“How did this happen, Blaine?” Kurt was holding a bag of ice to Blaine’s eye.

“Seriously Kurt, it doesn’t matter. I just tripped over and my pencil case hit me in the eye.”

“Like a pencil case could do you that much damage. What happened?”

“it doesn’t matter. It was just a misunderstanding. Stop worrying about me. I’m the one who should be worrying about you” Blaine smiled faintly to Kurt. Kurt could see that it hurt a lot. The bruise was a very dark purple. Blaine picked up his bright pink sunglasses when he saw Kurt looking and placed them over his eyes.

“See, you can’t tell it’s there when I have these on” Blaine said smiling. It was true, you couldn’t tell but then again he did look amazingly hansome with pink sunnies and black curly hair.

“Yeah, but I know it’s there.” Kurt grabbed Blaine’s hand and pulled him out of the first aid room and down the corridor to their last class.

 --------

It's Over Now -  Little White Lie