The Unexpected Arrival

Chapter 5 – The Unexpected Arrival

Blaine hated lying to Kurt.  He through the letter down on his desk and went over and sat on the couch looking out the window. First it was the incident with Karofsky, now this. The bruise had faded but it still hurt like hell. Blaine gently traced with his hand where the bruise use to be.  He couldn’t afford Kurt to be hurt again. So far it had been good nobody seemed to have bullied him. Maybe it was because there was another openly gay student at the school. Blaine turned back to the desk where the note lay. Should he burn it? He stood up and opened it up. Maybe he should hold onto it as proof just in case. He sighed an opened it up to read it again. There in a collage was those words again.

YOU THINK YOU CAN COME TO THIS SCHOOL AND STRUT AROUND LIKE YOU DO. IF YOU CONTINUE, YOU’RE GOING TO GET WHAT’S COMING FOR YOU, YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND. HE DOESN’T DESERVE YOU. THE DESTROYER WILL GET YOU.

Blaine shoved the note in the bottom draw of his desk. Is this supposed to another death threat from Karofsky? The last sentence scared him the most ‘The destroyer will get you.’

The doorbell went with a chime. Blaine quickly ran downstairs. Kurt was early. He opened the door and was attacked by his big sister. “Devin, what are you doing here?” Blaine asked as he hugged her back.

“I’m only here for a while. We’ve just finished our fourth theatre production, so we got time off”

“That’s absurd. You never get time off.” Blaine smiled and grabbed her bags from the doorway.

“Your absurd. “ She grabbed her baby brother in a headlock and rubbed her fist against his gelled head. He struggled to escape from her grasp. He finally did and closed the front door behind him as he grabbed her bags and took them to her room. It was still the same. It hadn’t been touched since she was last there. Devin was five years older than Blaine and was an actress. She was a member of Starkid Productions, the very same of which Blaine had posters of in his room.  Devin grabbed her bag and opened it up. She searched through the clothes to pull out a book.

“Here I know how much you love our productions, so here you go, limited edition, sheet music from all our musicals so far.” Blaine took the book slowly and opened it up. He nodded and slowly put it down. He lunged at his sister.

“I love it. Thank-you” His sister fought him off laughing. Blaine grabbed the book and raced into his room and sat down at his piano. His sister followed casually in and glanced around and spotted the posters.

“You still have them.” She shook her head as she listened to her brother play the music. She has the urge to sing with him, but this was his present so she went and sat down on the couch. Her brother finished the song and looked up at her.

“Thank-you, this is defiantly the best present”

“So… Mum and Dad still working full-time?” Devin asked. She realised only her brother had greeted her.

“Yeah, at least that gives me time to be alone and have some space” Blaine smiled. Just then the doorbell went off, again. Blaine started to blush. “Stay here” Blaine rushed down the stairs followed by his sister who refused to listen to him.

“Ooh Blaine, that kind of alone. Got some girls coming over.” She yelled down at him giggling as he opened the door.  Kurt leapt into his arms.

“Hey, how are you?” He smiled and looked up, seeing a lady standing behind Blaine mouth agape. He quickly pushed away from Blaine. “Is this a bad time? Its okay I’ll leave. “ He turned to walk away but Blaine grabbed his hand.

“Devin, I think we might need to talk.” Blaine turned to look at her and smiled pulling Kurt towards the stairs.

“Yes I think we do Blaine.”

“So neither of our parents know that you gay?” Devin asked. She sat on the piano stool Blaine had pulled over to the couch.

“No. What would they think? I would be disowned for sure. You know how homophobic Dad is. He would freak.” Blaine said. He was sitting on the couch hand in hand with Kurt. He looked up at Kurt. Their eyes met, but Blaine quickly looked away. Kurt squeezed his hand in comfort.

Devin was smiling. She started to laugh. Kurt and Blaine looked at each other, then at her. “What’s so funny?”

“I think I’ve always known. I don’t know why. I just feel that I’ve known for a while. And I’m happy for you. I’m glad you’ve found someone.” She smiled at Kurt and held out her hand. “I’m Devin Anderson, this guy’s older sister”

Kurt took the hand. “I’m Kurt Hummel, this guy’s boyfriend.” He smiled, slightly blushing. “I know who you are your from Starkid productions.”

“Oh and he’s a fan as well” She turned to Blaine and winked at him. “You’re already off this market Blaine, and this one,” hitting towards Kurt, “is defiantly a keeper.” This made both the boys blush bright red.

Devin grabbed Kurt and pulled him off the couch. This took Kurt by surprise. He gave a glance to Blaine who just laughed.

“If he likes you, you must be able to sing.” She grabbed the stool and pulled in to the piano. She then grabbed the guitar and handed it to Blaine and sat down at the piano.

“Oh no, I’m not going to sing in front of you guys.”

“Come on, I bet you serenade Blaine all the time. I know he probably does it to you. Any song.” This made both the boys blush bright red.

“Only if Blaine sings with me” He smiled at Blaine. Blaine was taken by surprise but nodded in agreement. Blaine started playing followed by his sister adding in the melody. Kurt and Blaine sung together.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches 
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Devin smiled at the two boys who seemed to be singing to each other. She joined in, letting her voice soar between the two boys.

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night, I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep calling baby, baby please...

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches 
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take (I'll be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay (I'll be watching you)

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake (I'll be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay (I'll be watching you)

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take (I'll be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay (I'll be watching you)

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake (I'll be watching you)

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay (I'll be watching you)

The song came to a close. Devin laughed. “With that voice I’m not surprised he chose you”

“I think I chose him first.” Kurt replied and laughed as Blaine blushed bright red.

“Come on, now you have to tell me how you both met.” Devin smiled. Blaine sighed. She promised she wouldn’t tell their parents. Already with her knowing it felt as though a weight has been lifted from his chest. He smiled and begun the story.

---------

Every Breath You Take - Police