Slushied

Chapter 6 – Slushied

Blaine had been at his school for just over a month now. Ever since he got the letter from the unknown ‘destroyer’, every week he would get the same letter in his locker. This week was different not only did he get a letter he was getting one every day.  They all said the same thing. Stop what you’re doing. You’re going to get what’s coming for you. Blaine had been skilled enough and thrown them out while Kurt wasn’t around. No point in scaring him when he’s had a great month back at his school and nobody’s bullied him.

Blaine placed the note back into his locker. “I’ll throw it out later” Blaine thought and that was a good plan seeings his boyfriend was coming in his direction ready to swoop him off towards the choir room.

“How’s Devin?” Kurt asked referring to Blaine’s older sister who had just returned home.

“She’s good. She hasn’t told yet which is good. Mum and Dad are happy to have her back though. Oh, yes, she was wondering if you would go shopping with her for a dress for a party she’s going to. Supposedly it’s going to be bonding time for the two of you.” Kurt jumped up and  down trying not to squeal with delight.

“Of course I will help her. You should come along cause we need to fix this.” Kurt pointed to what Blaine was wearing. Blaine replied with a laugh and dragged his boyfriend into the choir room.  The choir room was a mess. The trophies that the club had won were thrown across the floor. Chairs were broken.  Books had been pulled apart and sheet music was all over the room. Destroyed.  Blaine and Kurt stood open-mouthed at the room.

Rachel and the other glee club members soon arrived. They’re expression was the same as Kurt’s and Blaine’s, of utter disgust and horror. When Mr Shue arrive he dismissed the glee club members and headed straight to Principal Figgins office to talk about the clean-up and sorting out who had done this.

Blaine and Kurt walked hand in hand through the school corridors. Most people stopped and stared as they walked past. It had been over a month and people still hadn’t become use to seeing the two boys together.  Even when Kurt and Blaine walked past people, they were shoved and names were called but they ignored them. “Who would do such a thing to the choir room” Blaine looked at Kurt still shocked.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if it had to do with the Sue and the Cheerios. We all know that she hated the glee club. But this is way out if hand Sylvester has never done something to this extent.” Both Blaine and Kurt turned down the corridor to return to the Cafeteria when 3 jocks approached them. Karofsky turned to Blaine, “Welcome new kid,” and threw a Slushie straight into Blaine’s face. The other two target each boy with another Slushie. They walked laughing at the two boys completely covered in Slushie.

“At least they gave you a new reason to get new clothes” Kurt smiled at Blaine and led him off to get cleaned up.

Kurt wiped the Slushie of Blaine’s face. “You got it way worse than I’ve ever had. Do you think it’s because ,you know, that we know about him?”

Blaine looked up at Kurt from where he was sitting on the basin in the bathroom, “I doubt it. It’s probably because I’m new” Blaine smiled. He looked at Kurt. His clothes were ruined. “I know you don’t like my clothes but I have a few spare shirts in my locker. I’ll go get them.”

“No I’ll go get them you need to get all this Slushie out of your hair. I’ll be back in a sec.” And with that Kurt left Blaine alone to wipe up all the Slushie. Blaine removed his Slushie soaked shirt and squeezed it over the sink. It was really sticky. Blaine stood and look at himself in the mirror. His dark curly hair was mattered with the thick ice drink. He could feel it setting on his face and starting to get sticky.

The door opened “Thanks for getting the shirts Kurt” Blaine said turning around. Instead of Kurt standing there it was Milo, Milo from his calculus class. “Um.. hi, I thought you were someone else”

Milo smiled, “I know. Wow you got hit really bad. What was it like?” and he walked the paper dispenser and grabbed some more for Blaine. He handed it over.

“Thanks and cold, really cold, it’s like a brain freeze but on the outside.” Blaine turned back to the mirror and continued to try and get it out of his hair.  “So...What are you doing here?”

“I was looking for you actually. I’m having a little trouble with Calculus and you know how Mr Turner is. So I was wondering if you could help me with a few of these questions?” Milo opened his book and sat up on the basin and showed Blaine his problem.  Blaine leaned down to show how to work one of the answers out. He swore Milo was staring at his lips for a second but when he looked up again he was concentrating on what Blaine was saying. Blaine wiped the thought away.

“Thanks for the help, Blaine” Milo said as he packed his stuff up and left. Blaine looked at his watch. Kurt should have been back by now his locker isn’t that far away. He turned to the door. There in the door Kurt stood.

“Do you want to explain this?” Kurt asked. He sounded annoyed. Kurt was holding up his hand. Blaine realised what was in the hand the first time he glanced at it. The Letter.

Blaine sighed and turned away to look at himself in the mirror again. Kurt came over and threw a shirt at Blaine who caught it and started to put it on. “Kurt, can we talk about this later? After school?  I’ll tell you everything.” Kurt sighed and nodded.

“Karofsky did what?!!!” Kurt exclaimed as they sat down for a coffee. “Ssshh. Yes, he threatened me. I told him that I wouldn’t let him touch you and that’s how I got the black eye. Then these notes kept appearing in my locker. I don’t think its connected though. Karofsky would have faced us if he wanted to say something.”

“So you don’t know who this ‘destroyer’ is?” Kurt looked at Blaine. “I wish you would have told me. Sometimes we need to sort things out together.” Blaine smiled.

“So I’m forgiven?”

Kurt gave Blaine one of his cheeky grins. “Only if one; you tell me everything, no secrets between us. And two; you come shopping with your sister and myself.”

“Oooh, that’s hard, shopping with my sister and boyfriend or becoming Stag once again??? I’m very inclined to go with the second one,” Blaine replied smiling, even as the other boy punched him in the arm, “but I suppose if that’s how I win back your undying love”

Before the end of school day, there was a parade. The school was broken into and that’s how the choir room was trashed. It was expected to be someone who was from McKinley or a show choir. It was asked that if anyone knew anything they were to see Principal Finigins.  “Come on” Blaine got up out of his chair and started towards the door.