Solos for regionals

"So please write down the songs you want me to sing for the solo at regionals." Rachel said handing out paper"

"Rachel", Mr Shue stopped her, "There will be open audtition for any who would like to try for a solo"

"Hells there is,"Merceded cried out, "I'm gonna get this one"

Milo lookeed down into his hands. there was no way he could get this solo but he had to try he promised blaine and kurt. "You'll do fine" Blaine said nudging him, "We'll help you."

----

"Okay Milo, you're up." Mr Shue said. 

Milo stepped out onto the stage in the hall. He searched for Blaine and Kurt in the small audience. He took a breath and started to sing.

This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us

It's time to make our move, I'm shaking off the rust

I've got my heart set on anywhere but here

I'm staring down myself, counting up the years

Steady hands, just take the wheel...

And every glance is killing me

Time to make one last appeal... for the life I lead

Stop and stare

I think I'm moving but I go nowhere

Yeah I know that everyone gets scared

But I've become what I can't be, oh

Stop and stare

You start to wonder why you're here not there

And you'd give anything to get what's fair

But fair ain't what you really need

Oh, can you see what I see

They're trying to come back, all my senses push

Untie the weight bags, I never thought I could...

Steady feet, don't fail me now

Gonna run till you can't walk

Something pulls my focus out

And I'm standing down...

Stop and stare

I think I'm moving but I go nowhere

Yeah I know that everyone gets scared

But I've become what I can't be, oh

Stop and stare

You start to wonder why you're here not there

And you'd give anything to get what's fair

But fair ain't what you really need

Oh, you don't need

What you need, what you need...

Stop and stare

I think I'm moving but I go nowhere

Yeah I know that everyone gets scared

But I've become what I can't be

Oh, do you see what I see...

As the music started to fade away the hall erupted into cheers. He did a quick bow before jumping of the stage and running into his friends arms.. "Thank you for making me do that" he said with a smile.

---

The bell rang and studants piled out of the class rooms. Kurt, Blaine and Milo had decieded that in celebration of Milo getting a solo they would go out to Breadsticks for dinner. This made Kurt over excited about planning a new outfit. "So we'll see you at 7" Blaine said to Milo as he opened his car door for Kurt then went around to the drivers seat. "Yep." Milo said as he got into his car.

---

The boys entered Breadstix together and sat down at a table. the boys discussed the solos and duets they planned to do.  After the desert. Kurt invited milo to return home with them. "Come on, please then i can help you with your clothes and we can test out your solo's.. please" Kurt said. "Fine, fine" Milo said smiling and laughing. Blaine insisted paying and the three boys left to head to their cars. They were just at them when they were jumped by Karofsky and some of his friends. "You should stop gaying everything up... its like when you walk rainbows come out" His friends laughed. "Maybe you should just tell them why rainbows comeout beehnd you too" Blaine sneered and pushed Kurt and Milo behind him. "Yer why dont you back off, your just like us" Milo said coming out from behind Blaine. 

Karofsky went red with anger. "Grab them" he said. Blaine tried to push the two other boys back but he was grabbed by Karofsky. "Ah Anderson, nice to meet you again" Blaine tried to fight back but he couldnt. He could hear the other boys beating Kurt and Milo...Karofsky punched him and through him on the ground and continuously kicked him. He soon passed out by the pain that sored through his body.

---

Kurt awoke in a hospital bed. he turned to see milo sitting in the chair waiting.. he had fallen alseep. it looks as if he'd been there for a long time. he stirred and sat up to see Kurt staring back at him.. he gave Kurt a faint smile. he didnt look that badly bruised... his neck was wrapped in bandages thoough.. "What's that?, are you okay? wheres blaine?" Milo got up and grabbed a small portable whiteboard and started writing. 

i'm fine, you were worse

it said. then worse news came

i cant talk. that bully hurt my vocal chords. it looks like i wont be sing that solo at regionals

he smiled faintly and then went and started rubbing out what he had just written. The next few words nearly killed Kurt inside. He shouldn't have come back. he should have stayed at dalton where it was safe. the written words tore into him:

Blaine's not good. hes in a coma

 ----

Stop And Stare -  One Republic