The secret Unveiled

Chapter 8 – The Secret Unveiled

Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap!

Kurt sat up in his bed and turned to look at his digital clock on his bed side table. It was 12:30am.

Tap! Tap!

What was that noise?  Kurt got up and turned his bedside lamp on. He looked around his room. There was nothing in there that could make the tapping noise. But he heard it again. He walked to the window it was snowing outside. He looked down and saw a familiar figure standing in the snow. Kurt raced down the stairs and outside.

“Why can’t he stay Dad?” Kurt was now yelling. The whole household were standing in the Lounge room.

“It’s okay sir, I’ll leave tomorrow and find another place to stay. I just need a place to stay for tonight.” Blaine looked up at Burt apologetically.

“Blaine, shut up. Dad he’s homeless. He needs a place to stay until he can return home. “

Burt looked at his son. He then looked at Finn and Carole. “Blaine can stay tonight and we’ll talk more about this tomorrow. “ and with that he grabbed a blanket and a few pillows and placed them on the couch. “Kurt go to bed. “ Carole and Finn both made their way up the stairs to their rooms. Kurt hesitated then followed them up, Burt right behind them. Blaine sigh and placed his bag on the ground and turned on the lamp next to the couch. He turned off the main light and set up his bed. He strangely felt at home, here. It was as if he had finally found home. “I’m not homeless, anymore” Blaine murmured and smiled. He closed his eyes.

Blaine was just about to doze off when he heard a creak from upstairs. He opened one of his eyes to see a faint image of Kurt coming down the stairs.  He sat up and turned the lamp on. “What are you doing Kurt?”

“I want to know what happened for you to turn up on my doorstep in the middle of the night.” Kurt came and sat next to Blaine. He held Blaine’s hand and looked up into his eyes. “No secrets right?”

Blaine sighed “okay well it started when I got home from dropping you home…”

Blaine got out of his car. He looked up at his house. Something was wrong. His house looked more alive than ever. He grabbed his bag out of the back seat and walked in. As he entered the house he saw his parents sitting on the couch next to Devin. “And where have you been?” his mother asked him sternly. Blaine put down his bag.

“I’ve been at the coffee shop with a friend.” Blaine looked confused.

“And was this friend a girl?” Blaine’s dad looked at him. Blaine avoided his eyes.

“No I was with Kurt.”

“Is there something you’re not telling us Blaine about this Kurt guy?”

“No, mu---“

“Bull Shit, Blaine.” His dad stood up and grabbed him. “A lovely boy came around to my work today and told me that my son was gay. I didn’t believe him. But I see it now.” Then the dad through Blaine across the room and smashed him into the coffee table. “And I had to force it out of your sister. If I can’t straighten you out, I’ll send you away.” Blaine looked up from where he landed.

“I didn’t tell you cause I knew you wouldn’t accept it!” Blaine yelled back.

“Don’t you dare yell at me, young man.” And with that he grabbed Blaine and pulled him up the stairs. “I’m going to straighten you out boy and I’m going to send you away to make sure you are.” Blaine could hear his sister yelling at his dad to let him go as he was dragged up the stairs.

Blaine looked at Kurt; tears were streaming down both the boys faces. Kurt looked down at his arms. He hadn’t seen them before; all over Blaine’s arms were bruises and welts. Kurt traced his finger over them. “All I knew is that I had to get away. So I packed my bag and snuck out of the house.”

Kurt got up. “You have to stay, I won’t let you return to that house.” He walked into the downstairs bathroom, returning with a few bandages and some ointment.

“Kurt it’s fine, just let it go. You dad doesn’t want me here. It’s like if Finn had a girlfriend staying over. You should go to bed Kurt.” Blaine tried to wriggle away from Kurt. Kurt grabbed him and looked him the eyes. Please was all he said. Blaine sighed and relaxed. Kurt started to wrap up Blaine’s arms where the biggest bruises were. Blaine winced. He had held onto the pain for so long trying to make it look like he was okay. It was good to just let it go. Blaine looked down both his arms had bandages on it.

“Come on, up” Kurt said.

“Kurt, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Come on they can’t hear us and I know you hurt.” Blaine stood and started to remove his shirt. He winced as he tried to lift it over his head. Kurt got up and helped it off, his hands lightly touching Blaine’s chest. There were two massive bruises. They were a dark purple. They would be there for a while.  Kurt quickly wrapped a bandage around the two bruises. His hands lingered on the bandage once he had finished. Blaine looked at him. Kurt leant forward to kiss him. They’re lips touched and the warmth spread throughout their bodies. Kurt pushed Blaine onto the couch. “Kurt” Blaine murmured between the kisses. “Stop, stop.” Kurt looked up.

“You’re right sorry,” Kurt blushed and stood up.

“Kurt at much as I would like to; one your parents will kill me, two Finn will kill me, three they wouldn’t let me stay and four I don’t want to hurt you or rush you into things.” Kurt could tell it hurt Blaine to stop but he knew that he was doing it for Kurt. Kurt smiled. A smile was returned. Kurt lent down and gave Blaine another kiss before throwing him his shirt and walking up the stairs. Blaine sighed and put his shirt back on.  He turned off the light and let himself slowly drift out of conscious.