~!* Chapter 1 *!~

"Let's go to that Hill!"

"Haha, are you a chicken?"

"Oh my God, she is scared!"

"What are you waiting for?"

Voices. What are these voices? You couldn't thing straight as you had a massive headache. The voices kept getting quieter by every second that passed. Until they left completely.

Your legs hurt as if you just had run three miles without stopping, your vision was blurry and a headache was bothering you.

You slowly sit up and put your head in your hands to ease the painful headache. Something's not right. Where am I?

Suddenly, a light shines upon you and a raindrop lands on your head. Where is the light coming from? You squint your eyes and look up, but it was impossible to see anything up there.

You let your hands rest by your side. Only now you notice that you're sitting in a patch of  yellow flowers. Where they there before?

You felt sick in your stomach, as if you hadn't eaten for days. You take in a shakey breath and stand up.

*Howdy!
*I'm FLOWEY.
*FLOWEY the FLOWER!

You spin around and eye a flower with a cartoony-ish face expression. Your eyes widen as you look at the buttercup in disbelief. What is this? A dream?

"Hmm...You're new to the UNDERGROUND, aren'tcha?" The flower asks as it sways its leaves around.

"U-Underground? What? What are you talking about? How can you talk?" You hesitantly ask and take a step back. Is this real life? It can't be. You pinch yourself...it hurts, so this means...

"What's your name?" Flowey asks.

"My name is...it is...my name..." You mumble and look down, digging through your mind. Why can't I remember? "It's.."

"Yes?"

"I don't know.." You whisper.

"Golly, you must be so confused. Someone ought to teach you- oops! My time is up. See ya around, (Y/n)!"

"Remember this: In this world it's KILL or BE KILLED."

The lights shut down and you're left in pure darkness. You were beyond confused. What was all that about? Why did just a random flower appear and talk to you? Why are you here? But most importantly...

Why can't you remember anything?

(Y/n).... It does sound familiar. Was this your real name?

From the corner of your eye you saw something glowing heading straight for you in great speed. You barely managed to dodge the thing by ducking. It was no use, because the little white pebbles came back and surrounded you, creating a breeze. Your heart was racing as you spun around, trying to find an exit, but there wasn't any.

But just as fast it started, it suddenly disappeared as a flame took them out, scattering them all over the place. You wanted to run, but your legs stayed put in the small patch of flowers.

A dim light shone and you saw something standing in front of you. You gasped as you made out its features. For one, it was human like, only it looked like a goat, with small horns on its forehead and long ears. The creatures dress was purple with white sleeves.

"What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth..." It spoke in a soft, motherly voice. In a way, it was soothing, but you never left your guard down.

"Ah! Do not be afraid, my child. I am TORIEL, caretaker of the RUINS. I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the...second human to come here in a short while.. Come! I will take you to safety." 'Toriel' spoke and reached a hand towards you.

You didn't know what to do. You didn't know wether you could trust this Toriel or not. Though, she seemed like she meant no harm. You cautiously took her hand. Her hand was soft with fur. Only now you realized you were cold.

"This way." She said and you both started to walk.

The walk was silent, which gave you time to think. Firstly, how did you get here? Why have you lost your memory? Is your name really "(Y/n)"? Or is it something else? If so, then how did the Flower know your name? Does Toriel know, too? Secondly, what did Toriel mean by 'you're the second human to fall down here'? What does that mean? It's all so confusing and thinking just made your headache worsen.

As you walked, you wondered...

Will you ever get out of this place alive?