~!* Chapter 3 *!~

_*_yOuR p.O.v._*_

I slowly got up from the couch as I heard Toriel enter the living room. I moved to the side to let Toriel sit down, since she looked exhausted.

"Is something wrong, Toriel?" I cautiously asked, sitting down on the carpet cross-legged by the fireplace. I had lit it up while she was gone to keep the place warm.

"Oh, my child, today was...how should I put this...not so nice. Today one resident left the ruins. Leaving me alone once again." She sighed and put a hand on her forehead. "They always do."

Toriel sniffled and wiped her tear away with a handkerchief. Seeing her sad tugged my heart strings and I myself almost started to cry. But in order to make her feel better, I should stay strong. For a while, I just sat there, thinking about what she said. "One resident left the ruins....they always do." What's that all about? Was there someone else living here? Maybe they disliked my presence and decided to leave?

I glanced at Toriel who seemed to have calmed down. I bit my lip while thinking of what to say, because this was getting uncomfortable.
"Toriel?"

"Yes, child?"

"I...won't leave you like that someone did." I gave her a soft smile. What I was speaking was the truth. It's not like I have anywhere else to go. With my memory gone, there's not much I can do. And who knows, my memory might not return. What's the point leaving this house? I don't wish to meet any new monsters.

"Oh, thank you so much." Toriel smiles. "I promise to take good care of you. You'll be safe here."

I nodded and got up. I walked over to Toriel and hugged her. At least I can make her feel better by staying here. It's sad to see someone sob over someone who gave her the cold shoulder. Toriel seemed surprised, as she didn't expect the hug.

"Thank you, thank you so much." She hugged me back, wrapping her furry paws around me. She was warm and all of a sudden I find myself sleeping in her lap.

***

-:-One week later-:-

I was happily eating breakfast with Toriel at the other end of the table. As always, I was eating her amazing pie. What could be better than this?

Slowly I grew to love this place. At first, I thought I would miss whatever life I had, but with no memories, I didn't even think about it. My goal was to get my memory back, but now that I think about it, I don't really need it. I can stay here, where I'll be safe under Toriel's wings. I can start out fresh.

Though, Toriel didn't allow me to go outside. But she has her reasons. She said that the monsters out there would kidnap any human they'd see. I wouldn't want that, so I can live without going outside.

Life right now is great. I love this.

-:-Another week later-:-

Pie in the breakfast, cupcakes as lunch, and possibly cake at dinner.

I sighed. Two weeks in Toriel's house. It's still very nice, she takes care of me, I don't have to worry about anything, she does everything for me. Everyone's dream, am I right? But this is getting like a routine.

Wake up, eat, read, sleep.
And repeat...

And...repeat.

Every day. It's the same thing. Toriel seems happy with me being around. She said 'at least she isn't alone anymore'. Well, at least she's happy.