~!*Chapter 7*!~

I stirred, hearing only the soft sizzling of the fireplace. It was so calming, I felt like I could sleep forever. Was this how heaven feels like? Is everything so nice...so warm..so fuzzy..

Wait...fuzzy? I popped open one eye and quickly sat up, clutching on the blanket for dear life. The room was dark, the place softly illuminated by the fireplace. I looked left and right, but nothing was there and this was definitely not heaven. Where am I? Last time I checked, I was freezing to death outside. How did I get here?

I took in a sharp breath as I heard someone's footsteps lazily drag across the carpet. I quickly lied down and pulled the blanket over my head. Maybe they'll think I'm still sleeping and leave me alone? The footsteps stopped and silence fell onto the room. I breathed steadily, waiting for who ever it was to go away.

"I know you're awake."

This voice...I'm sure I've heard it before. But...I can't seem to remember. "You don't have to pretend." The dark figure made its way toward me, I could feel it. It's gaze boring at me. "Please...don't hurt me. I didn't do anything." I know, I'm a coward, but what else am I supposed to do? Attack them? I think not.

"Psh. If I wanted you dead, then I wouldn't have saved you from the cold." I slowly dragged the blanket away from my face and my eyes widened at the fact that before me stood Sans. I sat up once again. "Geez, kid, what's with that look? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckled. "Where am I? Why did you bring me here? Are you planning on torturing me?" I questioned, without thinking the questions through.

Sans sighed. "You're in my house. Because you were going to freeze to death. And I'm not going to." He stated it as facts. I nodded a little, then took the blanket off myself. "Okay...can I leave now?" I asked and stood up. It's not like I wanted to go outside anymore, but I couldn't just stay here and be a burden now can I?

"Oh no," Sans put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back down on the couch in a sitting position. "You'll stay here while I'll make you some hot chocolate." He shoved the blanked in my hands and walked off. I followed him with my gaze until he was out of sight. I don't get him...one minute he's acting like he hates my guts because he thinks I'm lying to his brother, but the next minute he's being nice to me. What's he playing at?

Soon enough, Sans returned with a mug and handed it to me. "Here." He simply said and sat down on the couch as well. I moved away from him, eyeing the mug suspiciously. Who knows, maybe that's poison? "Relax, kid, it's not going to bite." He sighed. "Why didn't you let me freeze to death out there? I mean, after the fight, you seemed like that's the only thing you wanted; for me to be dead." I looked sideways at him, then returned the gaze at the steaming hot chocolate.

"Because...as much as I hate to admit it, Papyrus was cheered up..a little bit. And I felt like saving you was the least I can do since you were the one who made him happier." He said and continued as soon as he saw a small smile make its way to my lips. "But don't count on it again. I've returned the favor for Papyrus and now you and I are even." He crossed his arms and looked away from me. I sighed, what else did I expect? He only saved me because I did make Papyrus feel better. "Thanks.." I muttered and took a sip of the hot chocolate, which was very good. "I owe you one." I said. "No. You don't owe me anything. We're even, you got that?" He stated. I only nodded and sank deeper into the couch.

"Thanks for your hospitality, Sans, but I should leave." I set the hot chocolate down once I was finished. "Do you really want to go out there again? I know you don't have anywhere to stay." He said, staring into the fireplace. "So? I can't just...stay here. I'll be fine out there. Why would you care anyway?" I said, a little too harsh. I gulped, not wanting to anger him.

"Listen, kid. Asgore and his little minions are out to get you. He will be searching high and low. You won't be able to hide." He said. Asgore is after me? But..I didn't do anything wrong. "He wants human souls. It's the only way we can break the barrier and get back up at the surface." That explains it. "But...haven't he stolen some human souls before I..well..appeared here?" I asked.