~!* Chapter 11 *!~

Cold. Dark.
It was all I could see and feel. Nothing else. Everywhere I turned, all I could see was darkness. It was slowly suffocating me. The feeling I felt is hard to describe. It's almost like.. My heart is hurting, like someone is tugging at it or pinning tiny needles in it at once. My breathing got quick, as a sense of danger nagged my mind, sending off alarms. I turned, and turned and turned until a yellow light shone from a tiny star on the ground.

I stared at it, since it was a few feet in front of it. From the star, the room started to get a yellow hue of a color in a flash. I covered my eyes and blinked a few times, then looked behind me, turning my body as well.

A long hallway was up ahead. Everything was peaceful. The soft singing of birds almost let me feel safe until the image in front of me did a flip and the room now was covered with-

I saw a knife coming straight at me. I reacted just in time and grabbed it with all my might, stopping it when it was just a few centimeters from my forehead.

***

I woke up and immediately sat up, breathing heavily and looking down at my hand. No knife. "What the hell, kid?!" A voice called out. I snapped my head towards the sound, only to find Sans besides me...and I holding his hand in a death-like hold. Not processing what is happening, I stared at him still breathing unevenly.

Then it hit me. My eyes slightly widened and I let go of his hand and stood up. My body was telling me to run, run away as fast as I could. Without thinking, I agreed. I proceeded to run towards the window. I opened it and was about to jump out until..

..that feeling of freezing overtook me. Again, I felt helpless, as if I was stuck. As if something was holding me back. I couldn't move my body, it's like it didn't feel like responding to me commanding it to proceed to run away.

This gave me a good minute to calm down. My mind exited the dreamy state. Reality came back to me. Why in the world was I doing? I questioned myself. My common sense was back. Why did I almost jump out of the window? Not to mention from the second floor. The feeling of something holding me slowly faded and my arms fell limp by my side. My knees gave away and I sat down on the floor, staring out the window.

I turned my head and saw Sans standing besides a car-like bed. His arm was extended towards me. He slowly lowered it and shoved it in his pocket. He looked..calm. Way too calm.
"What..what did just happen?" I asked, still not understanding my actions. He didn't respond and I slowly stood up. I closed the window and turned towards him.

"You tried to jump out the window." Sans stated the obvious, still staring at me as if silently judging me. I rubbed my arm and looked down. "Well yeah..but why?" I knew Sans wouldn't know why, but it wouldn't hurt to try and ask. "Beats me." He said. Of course. He didn't know. And not even I knew.

"SANS! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT--" Papyrus bursted through the door and stopped mid way as he saw me standing by the window. He looked over at Sans who still was watching me. Now, he visibly stiffened as Pap entered the room. "HUMAN. You're awake! What happened to you?" Pap questioned, walking closer to me. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Um.. I don't really know. I just.. Kinda blacked out if you can call it that."