~!* Chapter 9 *!

After dinner we all gathered in the living room. Sans and Papyrus sat on the couch, they asked me to join watching a show who's host was 'Mettaton', but I declined. Besides, I didn't really feel up to watching anything. So me and Snowflake became friends, because she now allows me to pet her. Her head rested on my lap while I leaned against a wall opposite from the brothers. Sans kept stealing glances at me, before quickly turning away. I didn't pay attention to anything, kind of lost in my thoughts.

The soft humming of the TV almost lulled me to sleep, but instead my mind wandered back to the dream I had. The scared expression of Olivia sent goosebumps down my spine. Deep down I knew we were close friends, but..I didn't know anything else about her. Will I get my memories back by sleeping? Hm...now I can't wait to go to sleep and find out more about my life on the surface.

"That was a good episode, was it not?" Papyrus questioned as he stood up. Sans made a face and stretched. "It was bad." He simply said. Guess he doesn't like that show at all. Papyrus went in and gave Sans a long speech about how Mettaton's show is great and that he hopes to get featured in on an episode about cooking. After that, Papyrus disappeared up the stairs, Snowflake following close behind him.

I turned my attention to Sans, who now held two blankets and a pillow. "We don't have an extra room, so I hope the couch will do?" He shrugged and plopped the pillow and the blankets onto the couch. I nodded and stood up, stretching in the process. "The bathroom is upstairs, if you plan on using it. Good night, kid." He said and began to walk towards the stairs. "Thank you so much. And good night." I called after him. He muttered something along 'no problem' before disappearing upstairs.

The house went silent after Sans had closed his bedroom's door. The living room was softly illuminated by the fire place, whose flame was dying out. Thinking it was getting chilly, I added some wood to keep it burning. Here, by the fire place, it was warm. The flames rose, the warmth caressing my face with soft, invisible palms. My eyes closed, as I entered a calm state.

Feeling of falling overtook me, my stomach doing a flip as I shot my eyes open, panting heavily and clutching the area where my heart is. The moment of me falling down the dark hole shocked me a little, catching me with my guard off. I took in a deep breath, sighing afterwards. I tried to get rid of Olivia's scream which replayed in my mind.

I stood up and grabbed the towel that was left on the couch. I slung it over my shoulder as I started ascending the stairs. Taking a right turn, I came to a stop as a hallway with three doors stood before me.  Two must be for the brothers, but the third must be the bathroom. But which one?

My eyes widened slightly, as I tilted my head to the side. At the end of the hallway, behind the last door something was glowing with an eerie blue color. It looked like flames danced at the foot of the door. Fading and then returning. But nothing was on fire, and there's certainly no smoke. Deciding to check what's up, I quietly walked up the the door, careful not to touch the flames. I knocked softly. "Hello? Is everything okay?" I called out, making sure it wasn't too loud.

There was a crash and the rustling of blankets. Something flew and hit the door, causing me to stumble back and hit the wall. Whatever hit the door, shattered into a million pieces. "Everything's alright, kid." Sans' voice rang out, shaking a little at the end. "The bathroom is the first door, if you're looking for that." He said and there was an another crash. "Will you just stay--" I was unable to hear the end, due to the voice being muffled. With out questioning, I slowly walked back to the first door, trying to resist the urge to return and fling the door open. What was he up to?

~!**!~

"Ah, what a beautiful day.'' I thought to myself while picking up golden flowers from the ground. By now I had already gathered a handful - just the right amount for a beautiful crown. The little stream bubbled softly, the birds chirping joyfully. As I walked by the stream, I came across a patch of golden flowers, which looked familiar in every shape and size. Thinking this would be a perfect place to sit down, I did so. I sat cross-legged and set the flowers down.