Chapter One

Rose

My friends and I went out. They insisted on going somewhere to celebrate because we finally passed one of the biggest exams of the year. I didn't feel like going out I was already exhausted from college; but they wouldn't accept no for an answer.
As we walked inside the club I looked at Amy and Vicki. They both had a huge smile on their faces as we walked in.
"Let's get this party started!" Vicki said handing us a shot.
I smelled the liquor and gagged.
Amy and Vicki loved to party and drink until they couldn't stand anymore. Me, however, enjoyed staying home watching a movie or studying for more tests in the future. Amy and Vicki always called me a nerd but I didn't mind. It's what I liked to do.
They both wasted no time getting more shots and dancing on the dance floor. I looked around the room and found an empty booth.
I tapped Amy on the shoulder and told her I was gonna go sit down. I don't know if she heard me or not with the extremely loud music but I left anyway.
I let out a sigh and pulled out my phone. It was 8:10 pm already. I figured I'd stay until 8:30 and head out. The music was so loud it started to leave a ringing sound in my ears. How do they enjoy this so much? I've only been here five minutes and I already have a headache!
I looked at my friends. I watched as they sang along with the music and danced next to each other. Amy then began to dance with the closest guy next to her. And Vicki did the same. I could tell those guys only had one thing on their mind judging by the looks on their faces. That made my stomach turn. Then I saw them look towards me and came to take a seat along with the two guys they only just met 5 seconds ago.
"Hey Rose," Amy shouted,"this is Rick. Isn't he cute?"
I can tell they're both so wasted. I sat there not saying a word.
"He's adorable," said Vicki,"but not as hot as Vinny right here!" Vicki wrapped her arms around him and he smiled real big.
I was embarrassed by how they acted sometimes; but then again this was a club and pretty much everyone was drinking except me.
"Wanna go somewhere private?" Rick said to Amy kissing her neck.
Amy giggled,"yeah!"
That was the bottom line for me.
"Oh no you don't," I said as I snatched my friends away from the table and took them outside.
I thought I was coming here to have fun not babysit..
"Rose why did you do thaaaat?" Vicki stomped her foot like she was five.
"I'm calling a cab. You guys aren't safe who knows what those perverts will do to you!" I shouted furiously.
"We can take care of ourselves,"Amy said barely able to stand on her feet.
She's out of her mind! She was about to go to a complete strangers house! Who knows what he would do to her?
I turned to my right and saw a bench. I took their hands and forced them to sit down. About ten minutes passed and the cab came. I ran up to the vehicle still holding onto my friends' hands and rushed them into the car. I told the guy where to take them and I pulled out some money from my pocket and told the guy to keep the change.
"Will do. Thanks," he said as he drove off.
I was disappointed. I knew I should've stayed home instead of going to that club..
After that, I began to walk home. I just wanted to sink into my bed and sleep. My mom will probably get worried if I don't come home soon. I normally don't stay out too late. I texted my mom and told her not to worry that I was on my way home. I was close with my mom. And I never wanted to make her worry.
As I was walking, I put my headphones in my ears to listen to some classical music. I always enjoyed the sound of the violins the most. I looked up at the sky and noticed the stars were glowing and the moon was bright. I was so fascinated by the moon and the stars. I always thought it was amazing how they all glowed so beautifully.
   It seemed like a normal night. I used a shortcut through an ally because it was already late and I didn't want to worry my mom any longer.
  Then that's when I saw him...bright red eyes and dark brown or black hair covering one of his face. I couldn't tell the color because it was so dark. Judging by his stance he looked pretty tall and had a nice build; but I was more focused on the look in his eyes.
I stopped in my tracks and stared at him. He looked at me...and by the look on his face it looked like he wanted to rip me to pieces...I was so scared I began to slowly walk away backwards.
  And then I heard a brush of wind and he was gone. Nowhere to be seen. I panicked and turned around to run. But there he was. Right in front of me.
  "How did you do that..?" I asked.
  He pushed me against a building in the ally,"I need...blood." 
I saw him begin to open his mouth and I saw his fangs. I was about to shout but he said,"please don't scream.."
  I took a deep breath as I saw him bite into my neck. I was unable to move because he held me against the wall.
  "Please don't kill me.."I cried.
  He stopped sucking my neck and looked in my eyes,"I won't kill you I promise.."
  He drank a little more then said,"I'm sorry for scaring you. But I needed to do this."
  "Why..?" I asked.
  "Someone is after me..and the only way to get stronger is to drink human blood..I had no choice..I was gentle though.." He replied wiping his mouth.
  It was very awkward and I was still very scared.  I thought it was dumb how he pointed out being "gentle". He basically pinned me down to a wall and bit into my neck with his sharp teeth and THAT'S gentle??
  "Don't be frightened..I won't hurt you.." He said.
Too late.
  My heart was beating fast. How could I not be scared? This thing that appeared to be human obviously was not..
  "Well, well, Adrian. What do you have here? A snack." Said another man with glowing red eyes.
  He ran to us.
  "Leave her be Malachi.."
  "I'm so sorry I got you into this.."Adrian said looking at me,"run."
  He let me go and I ran as fast as I could. He didn't have to tell me again.
  "Adrian you're letting diner run away. If you don't want her I will have her." Malachi said running towards me.
  I screamed as he bit into my flesh. It was a lot more painful than when Adrian bit me. He was sucking so hard my neck began to burn. Now I totally understood Adrian when he said he was being gentle..
  "Malachi you're killing her!" Adrian rushed to us.
  I began to feel light headed and my eyes began to close. I struggled to breathe.
  Adrian pushed Malachi off of me.
  "Now you know I don't like to be interrupted while eating,"Malachi groaned.
  "You've had enough! If you don't get out of here now I'll suck your blood 'til you're dry." Adrian shouted.
"Now you know you can't do that," Malachi said,"but I'll let the girl be, for now.."
  Malachi knew he wasn't as strong as Adrian. He didn't feel like putting up a fight so he left.
  Adrian picked me up in his arms and ran as fast as he could to the nearest hospital.
  He laid me on the ground next to the emergency door. Adrian stood a distance and made sure the nurses took me inside and then he left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was my first chapter! I hope you liked it. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment. :D
  Also, this story is completed I just didn't type it all out yet but it has an ending don't worry! :)

(I do not own the picture for the cover)