Chapter Ten

Rose

I sat on the couch next to Adrian. He seemed tense and I could sense it.
"Adrian?"
He looked at me,"what?"
"Is something the matter? You seem different.." I replied.
He took a deep breath,"while I was sleeping.. I dreamed about killing my parents."
My mood went from happy to sad in a heartbeat.
"Adrian.." I said taking his hand,"do you want to talk about it?"
"What's there to talk about? It happened many years ago."
Tears began to form his eyes.
"Yes but the pain is still there. Let me help you.." I rubbed his hands with my thumb," you're not alone anymore."
"Don't you get it? The pain will never go away. I'll never die and I'll always have to feel like this. No one can help" he said.
"Maybe I can if you let me." I said softly.
Adrian wiped his tears,"Rose.. I'll be alright. I just lost it for a second I'm sorry. I just miss them. I miss what I had with them."
I hugged him,"don't be sorry. You have a right to miss them."
"I'm a monster.." He whispered,"you shouldn't hug me right now.."
"Adrian you're not a monster. So don't say that you are because it's not true."
"I killed my mother and father. I killed many innocent people.." He said.
"You couldn't control your thirst. She turned you and you didn't know what was happening. It wasn't your fault." I paused then said," Adrian.. If it wasn't for you I might not be standing here right now.. If you didn't save me from that other vampire I might be dead." I looked him in the eyes," and you can't die on me right now! I need you Adrian! I'm scared just like you were when you were turned and I need you by my side! How can I be protected if you die?"
Tears came down my face one after the other. I tried so hard to keep the pain inside and be strong but I couldn't do it anymore. I had to tell him how I felt.
Adrian hugged me back," Rose.." He brushed his hand through my hair," I'm so sorry.. You're right. I need to protect you. Don't worry I won't die. I will stay alive and protect you."
  I held on to Adrian," it's good to hear you say that."
  We both looked at each other. He wiped the tears off of my face. I smiled a bit.
  "I'm sure you're hungry by now." He said, offering himself to me.
  I replied," I'm sure you are too."
  He said," I can't do that with you Rose.. I'm sorry."
  I frowned a little," yeah.. I understand."
  "I'll let you eat first. And then I'll go hunt an animal in the forest." Adrian laid down on the couch and relaxed himself.
  "While you're gone can you do that thing with my mom?" I said sadly,"it's hard for me to do this but it's to keep her safe.."
  Adrian nodded. I saw sympathy in his eyes. I didn't want him to pity me. What he went through was much worse than me.
  I ate. This time I was more in control and I was able to stop easily. I guess that means my body is already getting used to it..
  After I finished eating Adrian told me goodbye and left. He was gone for about an hour then came back.
  "Get ready," he said," we're going out."
  Today Adrian took me to a small town. This town was full of nothing but vampires. I was shocked that there was actual places like this and no one knew about it. I guess if I did run into a place like this I wouldn't know because everyone still looked human.
  There wasn't many vampires awake at this time. So that made it a lot easier for us to get around town.
  He took me to buy some clothes. I had fun shopping with Adrian. He didn't care for it much but I loved getting out of his house for a while. I know that he was trying to cheer me up about my mom but that won't ever get out of my head. I'm sure he would understand. His incident happened years ago and it still bothers him. I hope one day he can be happy again. Maybe with me?

Days had passed and my thirst seemed to finally go away. I was able to not drink for at least a few hours now; which was considered normal.
"I think you've controlled your thirst now,"Adrian smiled,"are you ready to learn new things?"
I nodded.
"Okay, today I will teach you how to run fast. It's not as easy as you think." He replied.
We went in the forest and he said,"for you to run fast, you must learn how to balance yourself. It may sound silly, but it's like a baby just leaning how to walk. You also have to have good reaction time. Make sure you don't run into a tree or something that might hurt." He laughed.
I gave him a "yeah right" look.
I took off running. It didn't take long for me to trip on something. When I fell I landed in a mud pile.
Adrian laughed so hard,"I told you to be careful."
He ran and picked me up,"now you need a bath."
I smiled,"that was an epic fail."
We both laughed as he carried me into the house.
He started the bath," It's ready for you now."
I touched the water and it was extremely cold. I pulled my hand back.
"What the water isn't cold enough?" Adrian asked.
"Cold enough? The water is too cold don't you think?" I gave him a weird look.
"It may seem weird but once your body is cold it won't matter. It might take a little getting used to but it's good for your body." After he said that he looked away and blushed a little.
"How would that be good for my body?" I asked.
"Well.. It keeps it refreshed." He scratched his head.
"Refreshed?"
He looked at me," you're cute just take a bath."
I blushed. He never said I looked cute before.
  I smiled then said,"thank you."
He left the room and after undressing I got in the cold water.
I began to shiver. It felt so cold. I tried to sit down and relax. But it felt nearly impossible. It felt like I was stuck in a block of ice.
  I looked around the bathroom for a towel and didn't see one. I'm sure he did that on purpose.
"Adrian!" I shouted.
Adrian came to the door,"need help?"
"The water is too cold.. Can you hand me a towel please?" I told him.
He got me a towel and held it by the door.
"I can't reach it," I said.
Adrian blushed as he opened the door and handed me the towel. He looked away.
"You dork." I said," who doesn't put towels in their bathroom?"
"I'm sorry.. I forgot," he answered,"A new vampire can't stand really cold water yet. Your body is still adapting..." He paused,"I'm going to get you a warm blanket."
When he left I put my pajamas on and walked out of the bathroom. I walked to the bedroom I've been sleeping in and laid on the bed. I waited for him to bring me the blanket.
  Adrian knocked on the door and I told him he can come in.
He took the covers off of me. I grabbed the warm blanket.
"Sorry.."he said.
"It's okay.."
He was about to leave but I grabbed his hand,"stay with me."
He nodded and sat on the bed next to me; and when I finally fell asleep he went to his room to sleep.