Chapter Nine

Rose

Adrian fell asleep. I could tell he was very tired. It was night time and he passed out. That must only mean he's been awake for a while.
  I slowly got up out of bed. He looked so peaceful wrapped up in the covers I didn't want to disturb him. I tiptoed out of the room and closed the door softly.
  I opened the back door and walked outside, looking up at the beautiful stars.  I took a seat at the bench on his patio and gazed at the sky. Thinking about my mom, and my friends. They've been calling my cell phone and leaving messages all day. It wasn't like me to run off or leave without telling anyone. That's why I'd rather make them forget me.. So they never have to feel pain. But I'll still feel pain...
  A shooting star appeared and I made a wish. I wished that my mom would have a good life and I wished she'd find a good man and marry again and be happy. Ever since my dad died from a car accident, she hasn't been able to move on. I would always see the sadness in her eyes no matter what we talked about. I never showed her my pain because I had to be strong for her. Someone had to. I sighed and went back inside the house. I walked upstairs and opened the door next to Adrian's room. It was another bedroom. I jumped under the covers and yawned. I was too tired to stay awake either. It was a long day...I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Adrian

  I couldn't help myself. I needed to close my eyes just for a minute. I've been awake since the night I saw Rose in the ally. It's been many years since I slept at night. It kind of felt weird.
  When I fell asleep, I dreamed about the night I was turned into a vampire.

  Tonight me and my girlfriend had a special date planned. I picked her up from her house at 8 pm. We went to see a magic show and had a great time. After the show, I walked her to the lake out by my parents house. We'd go there a lot; talking about anything that came to mind. I could talk to her for hours and never get tired of it.
  We sat under the big tree next to the lake, looking up at the stars.
  I gulped as I looked at my beautiful girlfriend. She smiled at me.
  "What?" She said.
  I guess she could tell I was nervous about something.
  I took her hand," Samantha, you know I love you right?"
  She nodded, wondering what I was about to say.
  "And you know I'd do anything for you?"
  She smiled,"yeah.."
  I took the ring that was in my pocket and presented it to her,"will you marry me?"
  She froze. A tear dropped from her eye.
  "Baby why are you crying?" I said wiping her tear.
  She let go of my hand and looked away,"I can't marry you.."
  I frowned," but why? Don't you love me too?"
  "Yeah but I just can't.."
  I wanted to understand why she couldn't. I was in love with her and according to her, she was in love with me too so why can't we get married?
  "Oh.." I said, trying to hold back my tears.
  She looked into my eyes," you really want to be with me forever?"
  I nodded," of course I do."
  She smiled and kissed me. I kissed her back. She sat on my lap still kissing me. I wrapped my hands around her waist and rubbed her back.
  "I love you baby," I said as I kept kissing her.
  She began to kiss my neck and whispered in my ear," prove it."
  And then I felt a pinch and something stung on the side of my neck. I ached in pain and tried to get her off of me but she had me pinned down to the tree.
  "Samantha.. Get off me." I said in pain.
  But she didn't listen. She stayed on top of me biting my neck. I didn't understand what was happening. She didn't give me an explanation either. Finally minutes had passed and she removed her mouth from my flesh.
  "What just happened?" I said in confusion.
  She laughed,"now we can be together forever."
  I had so many thoughts go through my mind. I didn't know what she did to me but I felt a lot different. It was like all of my 5 senses increased by a thousand. And I still felt this aching pain in my neck.
  "I'm not feeling well..I'm going home,"I told her as I stood to my feet.
  She followed behind me as I walked to my house. When I arrived home I opened the door and something came over me. This strong hunger and pain increased in my whole body and I needed to eat. I looked at my mom and dad and smelled something so good.
  "Adrian?" My mother walked up to me and felt my forehead then quickly turned to face my father,"John get me a blanket Adrian is cold hurry."
  Then as she turned around to face me again I dug my teeth into her neck.
  She screamed,"ahhh!"
  My mother tried to get away but she wasn't able to. She kept hitting my chest but I wouldn't budge. I tried to release my mouth from her neck but it was impossible. The hunger took over my body completely and I couldn't stop.
  Seconds later my mother fell to the floor, dead.
  "Mary?" My father said coming back to the room.
  His mouth dropped as he saw his wife on the floor and my mouth covered in blood.
  "Adrian what did you do!" He shouted.
  I ran to him and bit him. My body said yes but my mind said no. I tried so hard to stop but I couldn't. And then soon after that, he laid still on the floor too.
  I shouted in pain and agony.
  "Mother! Father!" I cried.
  I tried to wake them, but it was too late. They had passed.
  I held my mother in my arms crying. Then Samantha stood next to the door clapping her hands laughing.
  I felt rage and anger come over me. I wanted to kill her. I stood to my feet and turned to face her.
  "What's the matter baby? Don't you still love me?" She chuckled.
  "How could you.."
  She rolled her eyes,"oh please, they're just humans Adrian."
  "What did you turn me into!" I shouted.
  She smiled then whispered,"your worst nightmare."
  She laughed and I felt so angry my blood began to boil. I grabbed her by the neck so she couldn't breathe.
  "I'm YOUR worst nightmare,"I said to her as I pressed my lips against hers and bit her tongue off. I spit her tongue and blood out of my mouth. She tried to move but couldn't. Her throat was locked in my hands and she began to choke on her blood. I squeezed tighter around her neck and watched as her eyes slowly closed. I dropped her to the floor.
  What have I become....I ran far away from home. I didn't know where to go. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know who I was anymore..

Rose

  It was morning. I woke up to the sound of the beautiful birds chirping from outside.
  I thirsted for blood again. It seemed like the thirst wasn't getting as bad as before. I was able to control it a little better and I waited for Adrian to wake up.
  I walked downstairs and sat on the couch. I picked up a magazine from the small table and flipped through the pages.
  A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned around and saw Adrian. He looked terrible.
  I walked up to him and asked,"are you okay?"
  Adrian nodded but I knew he wasn't.
  "I fell asleep..I'm sorry,"he said.
  I hugged him but he pushed me away. I looked at him confused.
  "Adrian?"
  He said,"are you hungry?"
  I didn't want to admit it but I was. I slowly nodded my head.
  "Come,"he took my hand and lead me to the couch.
  I frowned. I knew something was wrong...but I didn't know what it was.