Chapter Five

Rose

He laid me down on his bed. I was so scared.. My whole life flashed through my eyes. I thought of college and my friends. I probably won't be able to continue school after this..
  "It's best to do this if you're relaxed. It's less painful for you.."Adrian said as he sat next to me.
  "Okay,"I said.
  He sniffed my neck,"Rose you should calm down. You're still a little tense.."
  "How did you know that..?"
  "I can smell it in your blood. It's fear that you feel right now...think of something that relaxes you." He said.
  "Okay.."I said.
  Relax. Relax. Relax. Okay telling myself to relax is not working. And then I thought of my mom. I thought of her safety and how I needed to do this for her..and then I thought of how Adrian saved me from Malachi..and I felt a lot better.
  "Ready?" He asked.
  "Yes."
  And then he sank his fangs into my neck, this time hurting more than ever. The venom felt like electricity going through my veins.
  I groaned and Adrain held me down. I felt my skin turn as cold as ice. I'm dying...I thought as he kept going.
The more and more relaxed I became the less it hurt. It still hurt but not nearly as much as it did in the beginning.

Adrian

  The taste of her blood was hard to ignore. I wanted more and more but knew if I went too far she could die; and then I would've done this for nothing..
  I never turned a human into a vampire before. I've mostly kept to myself and did my best to survive. Yeah I got into some trouble a while back with Malachi's girlfriend. She was just overly obsessed with me and couldn't stay away from me. Also not to mention the innocent lives I took when I became a vampire. I was so young and careless and angry at the world and I took it out on the people. I wanted to protect Rose from making that mistake like I did by killing people. It's something I regret all the time. Unlike Rose, I wasn't given a choice to be a vampire. I was forced to be one. Most vampires don't care about anyone but themselves.. I was like that until that one night I met Rose in the ally. It was something about her that caught my attention. It was more than the want for her blood. It was like I needed it instead of wanting it.
  I opened my eyes to look at her face. She still looked in pain but not as much as before. I never wanted to put her in pain. I only wanted to protect her..
  Am I really protecting her though? Will she truly be happy with me for all eternity? I know this isn't the life she asked for. But one day.. Would she be happy?
  I thought about how she asked if she would be my vampire girlfriend. When she says it like that it sounds kind of funny. But also for her to feel like that even though I'm a monster I don't know why.

Rose

  It seemed minutes had passed and he was still going. He wasn't kidding when he said turning took some time.. For some reason I blushed thinking about Adrian being this close to me. I never had a guy this close to me before. It felt nice.. And when I think about it.. Adrian may be a vampire, but for some reason that doesn't scare me anymore. I saw Adrian and I saw how he saved me from Malachi. In a way, I looked at him as my hero.
I took one last breath and then I noticed my sense of smell had changed. Adrian smelled different. He smelled good. Like he didn't smell bad before or anything; but this smell was like in a tasty way..
  Adrian had stopped now.
  "It's finished.."he said,"your eyes have darkened."
  "My eyes?"
  Adrian brought a mirror to me.
  I examined my face. I'm dead. I'm no longer human. It was frightening to see myself like this.
  I held it close to my face,"my eyes are red...why aren't your eyes red Adrian?"
  "Because I was feeding while I was turning you. Our eyes only turn red when we thirst for blood...and when a vampire turns someone they still drink blood but not as much." He answered,"well enough of that..how do you feel?"
  I looked around. Everything seemed different. My smells have changed. My sight has changed to where it's like I'm looking under a microscope. And I feel more alive than I did when I was human.
  "I don't know how to explain it.."I said,"but why are the bite marks still there? Last night when you bit me the marks went away.."
  "I know. It's alright. The mark only stays when you're being turned because we release our venom and it burns the skin a little.. but it helps stop the bleeding..it's like an imprint for vampires.." He replied,"anyways..you did great. But now it comes the hard part.."
  "What's that?"
  "Feeding.." He said.