Chapter Seventeen

Rose

  Adrian examined me,"did he do anything else to you..?"
  "He almost did...but you came just in time to stop him." I replied.
  Judging by my clothes ripped he understood what I meant.
  Adrian was furious. I looked in his eyes. They turned blood red.
  He ran to Malachi, who was still laying on the floor bleeding.
  Adrian lifted his head and made Malachi look at him,"I told you not to touch her. But you just had to be a selfish pig..I will torment you until your very last moment of existence.."
  It was scary to see Adrian like this. I've never seen him so angry.. I'll remind myself to never make him upset.
  Malachi smiled,"are you going to drink my blood?"
  "No. But instead I will rip you to pieces." Adrian said.
  I stood to my feet and walked next to Adrian.
  Malachi grinned at me,"this isn't the end. You know The Court won't be happy to know you killed a high class vampire. They will come looking for you."
  "Let them come." Adrian said grabbing Malachi and throwing him across the room.
  Malachi tried to show resistance to the pain but it was difficult.
  Adrian tore the flesh off his arm and spit his blood in his face,"take your disgusting blood."
  Adrian kicked Malachi in the face. Malachi laid still on the floor.
  "What a mess,"he said.
  "Adrian.." I said.
  He looked at me,"what?"
  "Don't you think it's a bad idea...who's The Court? They sound pretty powerful.." I answered.
  "The Court is the most oldest, most powerful vampires. If he went against The Court, then he'd have no chance." Malachi replied spitting up blood.
  I covered my mouth,"Adrian.."
  I could tell Adrian wanted to kill this vampire, but Malachi did make a point. If we killed him, The Court would come after us and we'd be goners.
  Adrian picked Malachi up and tossed him outside.
  "You're on your own now. If you die, it's not in my hands." Adrian said.
  Adrian closed his door and punched the wall.
  I walked up behind him and hugged him,"I want him dead too..but there's nothing we can do about it."
  Adrian's eyes got big,"actually there is."
  "What?"
  "We can go to The Court and show them that he committed a crime." Adrian replied.
  "But how?" I asked.
  "Vivi is her name. She has a power to see the past. She can look at our past and see what Malachi has done." He said.
  "So vampires aren't allowed to kill other vampires?" I replied.
  "Not exactly. We could. But only the useless ones. The vampires that have no power." He said.
  And then I thought, but I don't have any power...he could kill me without a crime. I'm just a new vampire there's nothing special about me.
  "I don't have a power Adrian..I'm just a vampire." I said looking down.
  Adrian held my chin with him finger,"you do have a power.. I've sensed it I just don't know what it is."
  I replied,"well how is that any good? We don't know if that'll be good enough."
  "What other options do we have? Either we try to convince The Court or we kill him ourselves. It's the only way to get him off our backs." Adrian said.
  That's true.. I don't want to fight Malachi forever. I know one day it'll be us or him. He will see to it that we're dead or he will die trying. Convincing The Court is our only chance.
  "Okay, let's go then." I sighed.
  Adrian hugged me,"I will do everything in my power to protect you Rose. Even if I have to die I will."
  "I don't want it to come to that."
  Adrian just held me.
  "So why can Malachi kill you? Aren't you powerful too?" I asked.
  "He's friends with them. So he gets to do what he wants basically." He said.
  Wow. That's stupid. So our lives are at stake over some friendship? This government is really messed up..
  I didn't say anything. We just held each other; trying to relax.

Lilith

  I brushed my fingers through my hair. I hope they're both dead... They both disgust me with their pathetic romance.
  Malachi walked through the door covered in blood.
  "Did you kill them?" I asked, jumping up from my seat.
  Malachi gave me a dirty look," really? That's what you care about?"
  I said,"did you or not?"
  "No,"
  "Then you just ran away?"
  "They let me go. Cause I told them if they killed me The Court would come after them." Malachi said,"well I'm getting in the shower."
  So they let him go? What cowards. If it was me I'd just finish him off. But then again they probably wouldn't stand a chance against The Court like I would.
  "Malachi," I said, standing up.
  "Yeah?"
  I walked up to him,"Can I join?"
  Malachi looked surprised," you're not mad at me?"
  "I'm not. I'll deal with it myself they're nothing to me." I said.
  "I couldn't take them down so..."
  I laughed,"well then you're too weak to do it."
  Malachi rolled his eyes.