Fight to Survive ch.4

Chapter 4: Fight to Survive

Fear instantly shot up my body. Not fear for my own safety but for the safety of the Elric Brothers. After all, I'm not a state alchemist so Scar shouldn't care about me. Ed held a recently transmuted survival knife in his hand; he and Al looked like they were about to fight.
I want to jump in and save Ed and Al but what can I do? Even Edward Elric himself couldn't stand up to Scar. If he couldn't, then how can I?
I tried to push away my fears and gain courage. If I were Luffy, I would jump in there without hesitation.
C'mon girl, you need to help them even if you buy them only five seconds of time.
Tightening my fists, I stepped in plain sight. I was shaking in my skin knowing that I was about to face a man like Scar. I already know how destructive this man can be, and I don't have any automail limbs to save myself. If he gets me, it's over. I set my jaw and lifted my chin slightly, trying to look tough.
Scar turned to look at me and his eyes narrowed. Ed just looked at me and yelled.
"You! Why are you here? Do you want to get killed?! Run away!"
Al shouted at me as well. "Avril! That man is dangerous! Please, don't come this way!"
I fixed my jaw even tighter and kept my eyes affixed on Scar. I made it obvious that I'm here to fight.
"Foolish girl. I admire your guts but do you want to face the wrath of god? If you are not a state alchemist then I have no business with you", Scar stated as if I were small fry. Well compared to him, I probably am.
"I'm not a state alchemist, but if you are going to harm those two then I'm going to fight you like one", I glared at him and clapped my hands together. In a matter of seconds the sparks died down and I held a knife in my right hand.
Scar's eyes narrowed at my creation. "Alchemy, huh?"
Ed's eyes showed that he was indeed surprised that I managed to perform alchemy without a transmutation circle. "You can do that, too?"
Al's voice was just as surprised as Ed's. "She can do the same as brother".
Well looks like THAT secret is out. I wonder how I'm going to explain all of this to those brothers. But right now I have to focuse on fighting this guy.
Scar glared at me and swiftly turned and ran towards Ed. Al managed to jump in the front of an unprepared blonde shrimp just as Scar destroyed half of his armor. He fell to the ground with a loud CLUNK! Al's vacant armor revealed the blood seal inside, completely untouched.
My eyes widened. Crap! He wasn't kidding when he said he had no business with me.
I charged towards Scar with only one thought on my mind: helping Ed and Al. Sprinting as fast as lighting, I brought the blade towards his body... And froze. He managed to grab my wrist and stop the attack. I felt completely exposed as his red Ishbalan eyes pierced into my brown eyes. He flung me across the alley as if a were a rag doll, and my back hit against the wall... hard. Even my backpack couldn't prevent the stinging shock that I felt.
Unbearable pain shot across my body from the impact and I fell limply to the ground. I could taste a familiar flavor in my mouth and soon crimson liquid was coughed on the ground. Damn. Just came out of the hospital and I already got in a serious fight.
Ed looked over from Al to me and I could feel his fustration and anger from my spot on the ground. Hey, call it a fangirl thing.
"Al! Avril! You son of a bitch!" He charged towards Scar, his eyes ablaze.
"You're too slow".
Scar grabbed Ed's wrist and a red spark flashed. Ed feel to the ground clutching his arm. He staggered up to a stand and threw his red coat to the ground, exposing the glistening metal.
"Automail.. I see. It shouldn't have destroyed through human destruction. And that one over there", Scar looked over at Al. "I thought that I would destroy his body because I tore apart his armor but he doesn't have a body". He turned his attention back to Ed. "You're a strange bunch. Haven't I wasted enough time thanks to you?"
Ed clapped his hands together, about to make a transmutation.
"Brother don't... Run away", Al pleaded.
"You idiot! You think I can just leave you behind and run away?!"
"Ed! He's too strong for you! Please just go! Al and I can manage, he's only after you so run", I shouted at Ed. I went to fight and help, and I couldn't change a ding dang thing.
"You just keep quite! I'm not leaving you or Al here!"
"So by putting both your hands together, you form a ring and use the cycled energy to transmute? Then..."
Ed ran towards Scar with his sharpened fist. "RAAAAAA!!"
Scar sidestepped and grabbed Ed's wrist. "The first thing to do is have this annoying arm destroyed".
It all happened in a flash. A red light and red sparks illuminated the area. Ed fell slowly, eyes portraying a look of dismay and shock. The Rockbell's automail flew in pieces of wires and metal around him. The rainfall muffled the sound of it crashing against the sidewalk. Edward fell to his knees in defeat.
My tearfilled eyes followed his body as it dropped to the ground. I clenched my fists so tight that my nails drew blood from my palms.
"EDWAAAARRD! NO!"
"BROTHEEERR!"

-----------------------------------------------

Yay new chapter! Oooo... A new theory is thought of on the next one. Hmmm guess where we're going next chapter. Resembool! Where Avril's gonna meet Winry.... (Competition). Anywho bye-nee!