Hello Hometown ch. 5

*Again this is based off of Brotherhood, not the original. Also spoiler for the Ishvalan war*

Chapter 5: Hello Hometown

Nonononononono... Why is this happening? Why?.. Why... Why am I so worried? Edward survives this of course. He ends up okay in the end. So why is it so unbearable to watch this happen? I could feel some of his pain clutching my heart, but I knew what he felt was ten times worse.

My fists were clenched, my eyes were tight and droplets fell out with a faint splash. My drenched hair was plastered to my face. I slammed my fist into the ground and my bottom lip was quivering. I came here to help Edward and Alphonse and I was just dead weight. How useless can I get?

Scar's voice rung over the sound of the rainfall. "I will give you time to pray to god".

Edward's hair shadowed his eyes. "Sorry but there isn't a god I want to pray to", he raised his head to look up at his assailant. "You're only after me right? My little brother, Al... Are you going to kill him? And the girl, Avril... Her too?"

Even when he's looking at death square in the face, he's still putting his brother above himself. He even took the time to worry about me.

"If there are obstacles, I will remove them. But for now the only one I have business with is the Fullmetal Alchemist... Only you".

"Really? Then promise me... That you won't touch my little brother or Avril".

I looked up at the sound of my name. Ed don't give up yet! I tried to slowly scramble up onto my feet but the pain electrifying my body caused me to fall to my knees.

Alphonse's attention was focused solely on his shining light, his role model, his brother. "Bro..."

My hoarse voice was barely above a whisper. "Edward... Please... Run".

Scar looked in our direction then back to Edward. "I will keep my word".

"What are you saying? Brother what are you doing?" Alphonse shouted tearfully at his sibling. Scar made his way closer towards Ed.

"Run away! Get up! Run!"

Scar was getting closer until his hand was hovering over Ed.

"Stop..." Al's voice was pleading. I knew he was crying on the inside. "Stop it! STOOOOOOP!"

Bang!

A gunshot fired and I looked up to see none other than the Flame Alchemist. He was accompanied by Riza, Havoc, Hughes, and Major Armstrong.

A wave of relief washed over me. I honestly have never been so happy to see the crew before in my life. I slowly inched my way towards Al while Riza fired shots at Scar. After all, Mustang is useless in the rain.

"Hey, Alphonse. Are you alright?"

He turned to me. "... I'm fine. That stupid brother, he didn't run... What about you? Are you hurt?"

"Eh, I'm still recovering after the shock of being thrown. But I'm fine, really", I gave him a reassuring smile.

"That's good", Al sighed in relief until he stopped and looked at me again. "Wait. Aren't you surprised that I'm nothing but armor?"

My face twisted as I tried to think of an explanation. "N-Not really. I-I had a hunch that you were a long time ago. I read about transmuting a person's soul into an object in a book somewhere".

A loud crash made my head snap up to see Scar escape through a hole in the ground. Edward took this time to run up to us and by us, I mean Al.

"Alphonse! Al are you ok? Hey!"