Chapter 8- Forgiveness

McKenna's POV:

I walked upstairs with a huge smile on my face. I turned on my computer and logged on to Facebook. The first thing that popped up was a message from Harry. I wanted nothing to do with him, but I opened it anyways.

Mac, I'm sorry. But it wasn't what it looked like. Stacy came on to me and I tried pushing her away but she wouldn't stop. I like you Mac, I really do. I know I blew my one chance with you, but if there's anyway you'll forgive me, I would like one more chance. A real chance, a date. You have my number so it's up to you. xx Harry

I sat there thinking about what Harry said. I didn't know if I could believe him. I mean it really was none of my business that he was making out with Stacy, since we were never together, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. Because it did, it hurt a lot and it just proved my point that he was a player. Something inside of me wanted to forgive him, regardless of how he hurt me. And then there was the issue with Edward I needed to sort out.

"Hello Mac" Edward said picking up on the third ring.

"I just want to say, I hate you and whatever you thought we had, you can just forget about it" I said hanging up the phone.

Moments later I got a text from Edward.

Why are you pissed at me? I'm coming over and you can't stop me.

I knew that if I didn't answer the door my mum would and that would be bad. After a quick dinner I waited on the front porch for Edward. I saw him walking up wearing his favorite beanie and was dressed in all black.

"Mac why are you mad at me? I thought we had things figured out."

"No you did. But then I found out that you're telling the whole school we hooked up!"

"What are you talking about? I didn't tell anyone" he seemed truly shocked.

"Then why does Henderson know."

He didn't answer. "Listen, I didn't tell Henderson that we hooked up, that's just what he thinks. He saw us leaving the party together and then noticed the hickey I had the next day. I didn't think it would be a big deal to let people just think what they wanted, but I didn't know Henderson would start a rumor like that. I guess I was wrong I'm sorry," Edward said inching closer to me.

"No Edward" I said pushing him away from me. "I don't want anything to do with you or your stupid brother. Please just leave me alone."

"Mac I'm sorry things got out of control with Henderson. I can tell your upset. Can you at least tell me what he did so I can go beat him up."

"Edward, don't you know that fighting doesn't solve anything?"

"I was kidding. Remember I didn't start the fight with your brother," He said.

I looked up at him those sparkling green eyes making me forget everything. It was stupid to be mad at him for something that was out of his control. I mean it's not that big of a deal right? I let myself forget everything. "Can we just forget about everything?"

Edward inched closer, "I would like to, but I can't. I can't forget about the way I feel about you. It's something that's not going to go away," Edwards strong arms wrapped around my waist holding me as close to him as he possibly could. I got caught in the moment and let our lip touch. My hand wrapped around his neck pulling him into the kiss. I was backed up against the wall. I pulled off his beanie and ran my hands through his soft floppy curls. Becoming more lustful his lips trailed to my neck. It took him only seconds to find my sweet spot. "Now it's my turn to let people know you're mine," he said bringing his lips back to mine.

"Wait what?" I asked in between kisses.

"That's what you said to me the other night," he said pulling down the arm of my shirt and kissing it lightly before creating a dark purple mark. At least he was kind enough to do it where I could cover it up.

"We- We should stop" I said my breath becoming heavier. I desperately wanted him, to explore every inch of him, but my family was inside.

"Why?" He asked bringing his lips once again to mine.

"My parents are inside" I said. He broke away from the kiss and took my hand in his. "So what does this mean?" I asked him.

"If you want to keep it a secret we can"

"What do you want?" I asked as we sat down on the love seat. I nestled my head in the crook of his neck.

"I want whatever you want," he said kissing the top of my head.

"I want a date. A real one." I said looking up at him for his reaction.

"And what does that imply?" he asked me.

"Have you never been on one?" I asked him.

"Well... no, not really" he said looking away. "Well that triple date we had, I guess that was one"

I couldn't believe he had never been on a real date. I began to explain, "Well you call me and ask me if I want to go out. If I say yes you pick a place and come and pick me up. If you want you can bring me flowers, but you'll have to meet my parents. And since we can't drive yet, it should probably be somewhere close."

"Who says I can't drive?"

"The law"

"I have a motorcycle endorsement. Would your parents allow that?"

"I'm not sure" I said, but riding a motorcycle sounded like fun to me.

"Okay well that seems like a lot of work for the guy. What do you have to do?"

"Spend hours getting ready to look pretty," I laughed.

"Well I already think you're beautiful" He said.

I could tell he was in his vulnerable state and I liked how he was finally opening up to me. "Thanks" I said blushing.

"Well I better get going," He said standing up.

"Do you have to?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"Yes. I'll see you at school tomorrow," he said. I watched him walk down the driveway. His jeans clinging to his legs.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at it funny.

"Edward?" I said answering the call.

"Would you like to go out with me tomorrow night. I have a surprise for you, but first ask your parents if it's alright if I pick you up on my motorcycle."

"I didn't say yes yet" I said smiling on the inside. I couldn't believe how romantic he could be. It showed me that he was really trying.

"Oh..."

"I'm kidding. Of course I would love to go out with you" I said.

______________________________________

I can't believe I got a 1000 reads! Thanks soooooooo much! Who likes Mac and Ed??