Chapter 9- Feelings

McKenna's POV:

I woke up this morning feeling better than I had the last couple of weeks. I don't know what it was that washed over me, but I liked it. I hopped out of bed and skipped over to my closet to take a look. I decided on something that I thought Edward would approve of. I wore a low cut V-neck and some short shorts. I didn't know what it was about Edward that drew me to him. I knew he had his bad boy rep, but last night he showed me a whole other side.

I walked down the stairs and saw Melody eating her favorite cereal. "Hi Mac" she chirped.

"Hi" I said walking past her placing my hand on her head and messing with her hair.

"Wow what's got you in such a good mood?" My mum asked looking at me like I was some kind of alien.

"Can't I just be happy?" I asked her pulling out a box of cereal.

"Mmhmm or does it have something to do with Edward" Mark said coming down the stairs in sweatpants and a tee-shirt. He somewhat seemed upset, and I bet I knew what it was about.

"Shut up Mark"

"That's a bad word!" Melody yelled covering her ears.

"Sorry Mel" I said as I sat down across from her. "So why are you so upset?" I asked Mark.

"Well someone saw Stacy and Harry making out yesterday at school."

"I hope you dumped that-"

"Mac" my mum warned.

"Yeah we broke up again. This is the third time we have since school started."

"Why do you keep going back?" I asked seriously wanting to know why he liked Stacy other than the fact that she had big boobs and wasn't ashamed to show them off.

"Cause she's hot. And she's the one that keeps crawling back to me. And since her rich daddy gives her what ever she wants, I get gifts every time she wants to get back together"

"You're disgusting" I said wanting to punch him in the face.

"Oh yeah like Edward's any better. All guys think the same. There driven by one thing, sex"

"Marcus Fredrick Donovan, watch your mouth. And apologize to Mel" My mum said. I looked at Mel and she looked really upset. I knew she didn't understand these things yet, but she never liked it when we talked like this.

"Mel I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" He asked crouching down beside her and holding out his arms for a hug.

"And for your information Mark me and Edward are going out on a real date tonight" I said.

"You two stop bickering and get going. You don't want to be late," my mum said stepping in yet again.

As I entered the front door I started making my way to Calculus. I felt an arm wrap around me from behind. I turned my head to see Edward. I smiled and turned to face him his arms still around me.

"Wow you're looking sexier every day" he said going back to his usual attitude. But I was growing to like it.

"I hoped you'd like it. I wore it just for you" I said. He let go of me and we started walking to my class. "You know I like this. What ever this is," I said grabbing his hand.

"Whoa not in public. You wouldn't want people to think we're actually together would you?" He said and I punched him in the arm. "Kidding. I was kidding" he said taking my hand and intertwining our fingers.

We got to my class room and before leaving Edward planted a kiss on my lips. After he left I hoped that Marcel hadn't seen that. I still hadn't told him that Edward and I were sort of together now.

I walked into class and noticed Marcel wasn't sitting in his seat. Where could he be? He was always early. I thought about what he said last night. What could that possibly mean? I looked at the door waiting anxiously for Marcel to arrive. It was best to break the news to him before school that way he wouldn't be so upset by the time class was over.

"Oh my god who's that guy?" A girl shouted from a couple rows behind me.

I looked at the door and saw a certain curly haired boy I wasn't expecting to see this morning. His curls were messy and I saw his dimples as his smile appeared. His green eyes looked like a different shade, not the same sparkly ones that matched Edwards. I suddenly remember I wasn't talking to Harry.

"Go away Harry" I said as he approached my desk.

"McKenna" a high pitched voice responded.

Wait a second, that wasn't Harry's voice. That was Marcel voice. I looked over and realized that it wasn't Harry. It was Marcel. How was that possible. Why did he look exactly like Harry? Okay that was stupid, of course he looked like him, but what happened to his glasses, his sweater vests and dress pants. And those suspenders. He was wearing skinny jeans. The same kind both Harry and Edward wore. He was even wearing a tee-shirt.

"Marcel? Wh-why do you look like that?"

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Umm... It's just- it's not you. Where are your glasses?" I asked.

"That's what I had to do last night. I was getting contacts."

"Oh. But why did you dress like that?" I asked.

"I did it for you Mac. You said you didn't know who you liked, so I thought that maybe if I looked like Harry you would like me better."

"Oh Marcel. I like you just the way you are."

"Really then will you go out with me?" he asked hope filling his eyes.

"Marcel, there's something I have to tell you. Edward and I are sort of seeing each other now," I said regretting my words.

In a split second Marcel was gone.

I watched the clock intently as each second passed. Marcel was still didn't come back. I couldn't believe he skipped a class. Something was wrong I could feel it.

I held my phone in my lap trying to send a text message without Mr. Monroe catching me. I couldn't get into any more trouble, but I was seriously worried about Marcel.

Marcel are you okay? Why didn't you come back to class?

I sent the message and waited for a response, but there was nothing. I excused myself to the bathroom and thought of the only place he possibly could be. I made my way to the library and saw him sitting in a chair in the corner. He had that notebook out from the other day and was writing furiously.

He looked up at me and then quickly shut the notebook. But he looked back down. I saw his puffy red eyes and I couldn't help but feel awful.

"Just leave"

"I was worried about you"

"What? You thought I would do something stupid? Well your not the first one to hurt me. I've had plenty of that in my life and I've learned to deal with it. If you think that anything you do is going to put me over the edge, it's not. Because for once, I realize my life doesn't have to revolve around you. I'm perfectly fine without you" He said.

Those words hurt me more than any heartbreak I've experienced before. "Marcel"

"Just leave McKenna. I'm done with you. I can make my own friends and I don't need you. You can find another partner for the math project," he said angrily.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I never wanted to hurt Marcel, ever. He was the first new friend I made this year and he was something special. But I did exactly what I feared, I hurt someone. I deserved everything Harry did to me, because that's probably how Marcel is feeling. I should have listen to Mark about staying away from the Styles. But not because they were trouble, but because I was. I was the bitch. I was the one that made everything crumble down. It's all my fault, everything that happened. And I deserve to be labeled as a slut.

I realized I was still standing there. Marcel still didn't look at me. I slowly walked away and skipped the rest of class.