Chapter 22

McKenna's POV:

I sat in class, but my mind wasn't focused on what the teacher was saying or the notes on the board. I wasn't even paying attention to the class that was goofing off in calc because we had a sub. Everything around me was a blur. I tried to snap out of my daze, but nothing did the trick. Except for when I looked next to me. The familiar face, emerald green eyes, dimples, all reminding me of Harry. I could hardly speak to Marcel the last couple of weeks and he understood why. He knew I need some space before he would jump in and comfort me. Or at least that's what I thought would happen. But, after two weeks had gone by, Marcel barely even noticed I sat next to him. He was too busy caught up with his new girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for him, but at the same time, it brought the feeling of loneliness, ever since Harry left for the x-factor.

Harry had made it through the initial auditions, which I was so proud of him for. I think he was even shocked a little, but I knew he could do it. The only thing that meant though, was that he would be there for a long time as he was still on the show. I wanted him to be there but at the same time I wanted desperately to be with him. To feel his arms wrapped around me, to kiss his soft lips, and to feel his hand in mine when we walked down the hall at school. We missed the last two Friday date nights that had become a regular thing. But, times were different now. It wasn't like he was that far away, and I even got to visit him a few times, but he was constantly busy. The promise to call and text every day, turned into every other day or every few days.

But, that wasn't what was bothering me. I knew Harry loved me, he had since the first day we met or so he likes to claim. However, I couldn't help but have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that another girl had caught his attention. I know it was ridiculous and Harry had tried so hard to prove to me that he was going to stay faithful. I knew that in the physical sense of cheating he would never do that, but that wouldn't stop his wandering eyes that have gotten him in trouble before.

Every time I sounded nervous about who he was hanging out with, he reassured me that there was no one else he had eyes for. And I know I should trust him. This feeling I have it's silly right?

My thoughts were brought to an abrupt stop as the bell rang dismissing the class.

"Marcel" I said in faint voice thinking he probably wouldn't respond.

"Oh hey McKenna" he said trying to sound cheerful.

"We haven't talked in a while, I was wondering if you would want to go grab a bite to eat after school."

As if on cue Margie walked up after packing up her bag. "Actually, Margie and I already have plans" Marcel said. I thought I saw a moment of disappointment in his eyes, but I was probably wrong.

"Oh right, sorry. It was silly of me to ask anyways. Have fun on you're date" I said disappointed that Marcel was no longer there for me. I knew it was silly of me to actually think he would sit around and wait for me, but a part of me also wanted to believe that he couldn't lose his feelings for me that fast. I know it was selfish to think that and for all the shit I've put him through, but in a way, I always imagined that once I found my way, my heart would lead me to a sweet guy like Marcel.

Marcel's POV:

A sudden pang in my heart started nagging me and I couldn't get rid of the feeling. I suddenly felt guilty, like I was cheating on Margie just thinking about McKenna. I tried to make the thoughts disappear, but they wouldn't. I wished that I didn't have plans tonight and that I could comfort McKenna, but at the same time I was happy with Margie. Margie and I were like two pees in a pod, both with the same background of being bullied and feeling like the world was against us. For the first time, it was nice to have someone understand not just sympathize with me. But, at the same time, in her own way McKenna understood and stuck up for me. She cared about me and wanted me to wait. A part of me was holding out hope that she would one day return to me, but for now I was happy, really happy with Margie.

"Marcel? Marcel?" Margie asked.

"What? huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Uhh. no," I lied. "I was just thinking about our plans tonight. I'm really excited to go to the museum."