Chapter 21

McKenna's POV:

Today was Harry's audition for the x-factor and I couldn't help but feel nervous for him even though I was hundreds of miles away in Ireland. Harry had texted me bright and early telling me he was off to his audition, which he made sure to arrive extra early at. He was very excited about this opportunity and I couldn't be more proud. But being proud came with a price. The price I was going to have to pay if Harry made it farther than he expected. It means he would be gone the rest of the year. I wished I could be with him at this very moment calming his nerves, but my family made me come on this vacation. I was in constant communication with Harry as he told me everything he was doing. Right now he was sitting on some couches in a warm up room running through his song one more time.

Harry's POV:

Palms sweaty, arms shaking, I couldn't shake the nerves. I wished McKenna was here more than anything. I wish I could kiss her at this very moment, but that would just give me different kind of nerves, the butterflies I got every time we touched. I ran through my song one more time, Isn't she lovely. The song reminded me of McKenna. I thought back to the time CeCe set up a triple date with my brothers and as soon as McKenna walked through the door, I swear I stopped breathing. The way she presented herself wasn't slutty or lazy, she was well put together but didn't try too hard like most girls. She was comfortable in her skin and I believed she was wonderful even though I had never spoken to her. But, I wanted to know her. I wanted to spend every day getting to know her, the real her. In an instant I fell in love. I never thought that was real, the whole myth of love at first sight. But, she took my breath away.

Finally, I was up next. I exited the room after sending a quick text saying I was up next. I stood behind stage and waited for my turn. It seemed like I only got more nervous.

Someone in an official shirt tapped my shoulder and told me to go on stage. I walked onto the stage my hands shaking. I tried to relax and put on a cheery face.

"What's your name"

"Harry Styles"