October 9

- Aloha, I am 3Yori3, and I DO NOT own Naruto or Naruto Shippuden, along with any other characters besides the few I make up myself. (So yes, there shall be some incorporation of characters) Please enjoy, and tell me your thoughts in the comments!

~ 3Yori3

Third Point Of View

"Take him and go." Naruto told his comrades as Sasuke fell to the ground. Rushing to catch the Raven-haired boy before he hit the ground, Sakura glanced up at the beaten Naruto.

"What are you saying? That we should just leave you?" He turned to find the rest of the group: a red haired boy who watched him with narrowed eyes, a white-haired Sensei who looked about ready to snap, a ninja with hair shaped like a pineapple, and a girl who stood with her blond hair swaying in the breeze. He knew each one wouldn't go down without a fight.

     "You guys," Naruto said, flashing them a cheeky smile, "Do really have such little faith in me?"

     "Well, of course not! But that doesn't mean we're just going to abandon you here! Look at you-you're a complete mess!" His Sensei, Jiraiya, stepped forward, clutching a kunai.

     "Pervy Sage..." Sighing, Naruto glanced down at his chest. Pain burned at the slash that stretched across his chest, and knicks and bruises covered his arms and torso. Blood was smeared across his whiskered face. A small smile stretched across his face.

     "Please, don't think of it as abandoning me." His blond bangs fell in front of his eyes, keeping them from seeing them. He clutched the kunai in his hand. He needed to get rid of them quickly...they didn't have much time.

      "...More of...saving Sasuke." He said, and caught the attention of Ino. She glanced toward him and nodded to him. She turned to face the others.

     "He's right, we need to get Sasuke help now, and Sakura's running out of Chakra. The fight with Daimos used up most of mine too, and most of us, except Naruto, are almost out. If we stay any longer, not only could we hurt Saske, but we'd only be in Naruto's way." She walked over to Sakura, and helped her shoulder Sasuke's weight. The rest of them, even Shikamaru, seemed surprised. The first one to speak was Gaara.

     "I could stay with Naruto." He said, and everyone turned to look at him. He gave Naruto a soft smile, but Shikamaru shook his head.

     "Even you need some rest...but I don't really agree with the idea of leaving Naruto here...tsk, what a drag." Shikamaru turned to look at Naruto, who was staring intently to the south with his eyes narrowed. They were getting closer...

     "He should come with me." Jiraiya crossed his arms, and Naruto glanced toward him, frowning, "Not only is he the jinchurikki, but I'm the oldest in the group. I'll be able to protect him the most."

     "I'm not some object to be guarded, Pervy Sage." Naruto said before turning to Sakura and Ino.

     "Please take him and get as far away as you can. Don't even look back, just run as fast as you can. I'll try to buy you as much time as I can." Taking out a summoning scroll, Naruto drew blood and swept his thumb across the scroll.

     "Summoning Justu!" He was enveloped in a puff of smoke before Gamakichi appeared beside him, and looked at Naruto with a smile.

     "Hey." Gamakichi said as the smoke cleared, and Naruto gestured to Gamakichi.

     "See, I won't be alone. Gamakichi's here to help." Jiraiya looked away, knowing just how powerful the road was. Naruto would be fine with Gamakichi at his side.