Golden Eyes

Disclaimer: I, 3Yori3, DO NOT own Naruto and only my OC, such as Kana, and the plot line of Missing Sun.

------
Naruto's Point Of View

"But you act like the fight's over." Naruto said and cracked his knuckles as the crowd cheered.

        "When it's really only just beginning." Naruto said as he stalked toward Karuma, who watched him, amused.

"Nice to know. Mind proving it to me?" Karuma teased and Naruto grinned.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Naruto shouted and smoke clouded the area around him. The crowd watched in anticipation as the smoke began to clear. Gasping as the smoke cleared, the crowd watched as over three dozen Naruto's stood with their arms crossed.

"How are there so many of him? How did he do that?"

"His power is endless...first the water and now these clones..."

"Ah, the famous Shadow Clones. I'm honored that you would show me." Karuma said as the Naruto's watched him with golden eyes.

"Get on with it, Karuma." Naruto said and Karuma shrugged.

"As you wish." Karuma said before disappearing.

"Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu!" Karuma yelled and sprung from the ground, attempting to grab hold of Naruto's feet. Naruto didn't notice it until Karuma was a hair away from grabbing onto his ankles, and jumped back, his eyes widened in shock.

   How did I not notice that?

        "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Naruto yelled and four clones appeared beside him. Karuma arched an eyebrow as he watched Naruto settle into his famous pose with his fist meeting his palm as a smile crossed over his face.

        "Let's go." He said and his clones rushed toward Karuma. A fifth Naruto watched from near-by as the great nine-tails battled all four at the same time. Then, one clone swept Karuma off his feet while the other three sent him flying. Shooting toward where Karuma was suspended in air, the real Naruto brung his leg up.

        "Uzumaki Naruto Renden!" Naruto shouted as he brought down his leg and sent Karuma crashing into the concrete floor. For a moment, Naruto was suspended in air with all nine tails whipping around him. The crowd cheered as he slammed down, landing in a crouch with his palm touching the floor.

        "Great going, Kid!" Someone shouted and Naruto flashed them a smile. He heard as some girls squealed.

        "Yeah! That was amazing!" Another said and Naruto chuckled. But a moment later, Naruto heard as Karuma sat up. Smiling, he raised his hand in surrender. Seeing this, the referee cut through the air and grinned at Naruto.

        "Uzumaki Naruto is the winner!" Karuma grinned at Naruto, his red hair covered in dust. Laughing, Naruto held out his hand to Karuma. Karuma nodded his thanks as Naruto helped him up.

        "Woah there..." He said as Karuma tilted. Saying he was heading home, Karuma left the arena with a smile. Then, about to follow him, Naruto was surrounded by the Kitsune crowd.

        "Are you a general?" One asked and Naruto shook his head. They all seemed surprised but began asking more questions. Sweat-dropping as he searched for a way out, Naruto spotted a familiar head passing by the arena.

        "Kana!" He shouted, "Over here!"

--------
Kana's Point Of View

        "Kana!" Someone shouted, "Over here!" Glancing over, Kana saw a blond-headed figure waving over to her. It took her a moment to recognize them, but when she did she felt a faint blush as she saw the nine-tailed Kitsune.

        "Hey!" Someone else said and Kana noticed a few girls glaring at her as Naruto walked toward her. Kana arched an eyebrow as she saw him. His kimono was dusty and ripped in a couple places, and his usually smooth-looking golden hair was now dirty and dusted.

        "What happened to you?" She asked and Naruto rubbed the back on his head, a tinge of pink coloring his ears. Kana smiled, it was cute.

        "Well, there was really nothing else to do after you left and I wanted to see just how powerful I was, being a nine-tails and all...so I asked Karuma if he wanted to have a match. Karuma already headed back just as I was surrounded by them." He said and gestured to the group of admirers. Kana shrugged.

        "So who won?" She asked and Naruto grinned.

        "I did." He said and Kana was shocked. No one had beaten her uncle since she could remember, he was the strongest - second to the King, of course.

        "Just how strong are you...?" She muttered and Naruto arched an eyebrow. Shrugging, he turned and sighed.

        "Are you heading back yet?" He asked and Kana nodded. He smiled.

        "Okay, then let's head back together!" Kana smiled and nodded as Naruto began walking back to the house. Trailing a little behind him, Kana stared at his back. He didn't seem all that strong from a first glance, just pretty. He seemed more royal than anything...

        "So, Kana. What were you doing today?" Kana glanced up, surprised. She hesitated before speaking.

        "I was helping out at an orphanage." She said and saw Naruto's shoulders tighten. After a moment though, he seemed to relax again as he spoke.

        "That's nice of you." He said and Kana nodded. Wondering why he had reacted the way he had, Kana saw as he caught a golden leaf that was drifting in the air. Stopping, she saw the chance to ask him something.

        "I wonder why..." Naruto whispered and Kana's eyebrows drew together in confusion.

        "What?" Naruto turned toward her, and Kana was taken aback by what she saw. The beautiful golden eyes that usually held warmth and happiness now glowed with an unfathomable sadness.

        "I wonder why people with big hearts don't last long in this world." Naruto said and closed his eyes, as if he were seeing something painful. Kana watched in shock as the usually smiling boy let his mask slip.

        "W...what do you mean?" Kana said and Naruto seemed to compose himself.

        "Don't mind me," Naruto said, flashing her a smile, "I'm just rambling." He said, and smiled as if he hadn't been closing his eyes in pain a moment ago.

   And if Kana hadn't just seen it herself, she wouldn't have known it was fake.

------
Hi, 3Yori3 here! So, how did you like the chapter? Tell me your thoughts in the comments about Naruto's fight with Karuma, and the little crack in his mask? What do you think the cause is? Just what might this lead to? Until next time!

                                              ~ 3Yori3