Nine-Tails

Disclaimer
: I DO NOT own Naruto or Naruto Shippuden, but I do own the characters of my own creation, such as Kana, and the plot of this book.

      Author's note: I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on the book so far, so please comment if you can. This if my first Fanfiction, so I'd appreciate any constructive criticism, so please comment. Thanks for reading this so far!

                                              ~ 3Yori3

-------------
Naruto's Point Of View

"Let's have a match." Naruto said, and Karuma just stared at him.

"Um...Karuma?"

"Oh. Yes?"

"Did you hear me? I asked if you wanted to have a match." Naruto asked and Karuma sighed.

"I heard you. Naruto, I know you're strong. Much stronger than any shinobi I've encountered. But, you do know that some of that power comes from me?"

"I know that. That doesn't mean we can't have a match, though." Naruto smiled and stood up, his gold eyes twinkling.

"So how about it?" He held out a hand and Kauma eyed him before taking it. Naruto grinned when he did, and Karuma felt a smile cross his own face.

"So what's the ideal sparring place for us?" He asked and Karuma grinned. Naruto watched as Karuma picked up the tea tray.

"I know just the place."

~ Time Skip ~

"Is this it?" Naruto asked as Karuma led him into an arena where other Kitsune were sparring. As he entered, many stopped and stared in awe as Karuma stopped in the center.

"Does he have nine tails?" Naruto heard whispers among the crowd that had gathered and glanced toward Karuma as he remembered what he'd said.

"That must mean he has epic power..." Another said and Karuma rolled his eyes smiling. Naruto walked toward him.

"What weapon should I use? Do I use my normal Jutsu's?" Naruto asked Karuma and he nodded. Karuma grinned.

"Alright, can I have a volunteer to oversee our match?" He turned to the audience and hands shot up. Naruto's eyebrows rose as Karuma chose a two-tailed blond.

"I'll be refereeing your match today." She said and bowed. Naruto followed suit and back away from Karuma, smiling.

"Don't hold back, Karuma." He said, and Karuma laughed. The blond girl stepped forward, her eyes gleaming in anticipation.

"Here are the rules: there is no interference with the matches. Any weapon may be used, but not on another other than your opponent. Poison is prohibited. Any injuries sustained are entirely the owner's fault. Lastly, winner gets bragging rights." The girl finished, and Naruto arched an eyebrow. If he could win, he could hold this over Karuma's head forever....

"Any questions?" The girl asked, and both of them said no. After a second of silence she raised her hand.

"And...START!"

Karuma summoned a spear and flew at Naruto with lightning speed. Smiling, Naruto dodged Karuma's attack and zoomed through a series of hand signs.

"Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu!" He yelled as he slammed his hand on the ground. In seconds, a dragon of water emerged behind him, and sped at Karuma with the speed of a bullet. Narrowly missing it, Naruto watched as Karuma grinned and pointed down. Looking down, he saw as vines crawled out of the earth and tried to wrap around his legs. Jumping away, Naruto heard as the crowd gasped as he flew through the next set of hand signs.

"Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu!" He said and a shadowy figure crept behind Karuma. It looked similar to Naruto, besides the fact that it was black and it's eyes a glowing red. Then, it jabbed it's sharp nails into Karuma's chest and returned to Naruto as Karuma faltered. Clutching his chest but still standing, Karuma grinned.

"Well done, Kit. But you didn't notice it." He said just as two hands grasped Naruto and threw him into the wall.

"Nice one, Karuma." He said, grunting as he stood up. His golden eyes gleamed as he stalked back toward the arena, all nine black tails swishing behind him.

        "But you act like the fight's over." Naruto said and cracked his knuckles as the crowd cheered.

        "When it's really only just beginning."

------------------

Sorry for the short chapter but I really wanted it to end right there! Doesn't Naruto sound really cool right there?! Well, I think he does. Tell me your thoughts and comment, guys! What did you think of the beginning of the fight? Vote, comment and keep reading guys!

                                             ~ 3Yoro3