Tea at Noon

Disclaimer: 3Yori3, which is me, DOES NOT own Naruto or any other characters besides the ones I made up and the plot line of this book.

--------------
Naruto's Point Of View

       "Your niece?!" He exclaimed and Karuma chuckled. After a moment, Naruto's eyebrows drew together in confusion.

       "But you have nine tails and she only has three, is that even possible?" He asked and Karuma nodded and motioned for him to begin walking.

"In this world,"' he motioned to what was around us, "Kitsune are not classed by blood, but by the number of their tails." Karuma gestured to the black tails that were swishing behind Naruto.

"Oh yeah...Kana seemed really surprised by the number of tails I had. Said I was really powerful or something like that." Karuma nodded, and Naruto tilted his head.

"The number of tails signifies how powerful the Kitsune is. For example, a soldier typically has two or three tails while a general has anywhere from four to seven tails." Passing a stream the shade of milk, Naruto glanced at his own tails.

"Then what are nine tails?" Karuma sighed and glanced up at the pink sky.

"They're considered beings of divine power, vessels if you may. The nine tails to emerge have tended to make great feats in war and were known and revered to as incarnate gods by the humans who bore witness to their great power."

"So...monsters, huh?" Naruto said and Karuma winced. He'd watched as Naruto was the subject of insults and rocks.

"So," Naruto continued, "If three tails is a soldier level, how come Kana calls herself a goddess?"

"While it's a basic level in this world, in the shinobi world just two tails could destroy a village in a matter of hours depending on the training of that Kitsune. So, when Kana went down to retrieve a rouge Kitsune, the humans saw her power and dubbed her a goddess." Karuma said, and Naruto nodded.

"You still haven't told me what eight tails are." He said and Karuma laughed.

"Eight tails is the King."

"Matte, matte...there's a king that's more powerful than you?" Naruto said and Karuma nodded. His red eyes gleamed as they arrived at a traditional house with a courtyard filled with gold lilies.

Gold seems to be a common theme here...

"Here, follow me. I'll take you to where Kana and I would have our tea." Following Karuma, Naruto found himself walking into a large room. The east side was open to reveal the large lake that spread out before it, filled with gleaming lillies. Taking a seat across from Karuma, Naruto eyed the red-headed Kitsune.

"So..."

"So, what brought me here?" Naruto asked, and Karuma scratched his head.

"That's a tough question to answer..." Karuma muttered and Naruto tilted his head.

-------
Karuma's Point Of View

So it was his memories of his friends he lost, huh?

"That's a tough question to answer..." Karuma muttered and watched as Naruto tilted his head. It was odd, seeing the usually hyperactive ninja with two ears and nine black tails...even weirder when he had longer hair. But what seemed to change the most were his eyes. Now, Naruto's eyes gleamed a beautiful gold, with slits in place of pupils. It seemed that this realm had really changed him.