Void

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto. I only own the plot line of this book, and my OCs like Kana.
------------------
Tsubasa's Point Of View

Tsubasa was watching the blonde carefully. His smile could fool anyone, it hid the pain Tsubasa had felt in him when he touched her bark. But if you looked closely, you could tell his smile and laugh were fake. Tsubasa watched as Naruto grinned and Karuma smiled, and glanced toward the Old Fox.

"Well, a bet is a bet." Tsubasa sighed, but inside she was curious. How could a human manage to form a beast tailed bomb? She'd never heard of one before, but then again, she was a tree rooted in a world filled with fox people.

"Yeah! Alright, when do we start?" Tsubasa snapped out of her thoughts and found Naruto looking up at her with his bright gaze. Two golden orbs that burned like the sun...

"Tomorrow." Tsubasa said and Naruto groaned, but she ignored him, turning to Karuma.

"I want you to stay back. We have something to discuss." She said and Karuma arched an eyebrow before nodding to Naruto.

"Go ahead without me. Tell Kana I'll be back in time for dinner." He said, and with a reluctant sigh, Naruto stood up and waved to Karuma before leaving. Tsubasa watched as his back retreated into the distance before speaking.

"What's the real reason you brought him to me, Karuma?" Tsubasa asked and Karuma sighed. He ran a hand through his red hair, and Tsubasa watched him curiously.

"I take it you noticed the real darkness in his heart?" Karuma asked, and Tsubasa shook a bit in reply.

"That boy has been through more suffering than anyone should have to endure. A childhood that knew only hatred, pain, and loneliness...an adolescence of betrayal and death...I don't know how he's stayed pure so long." Karuma said and Tsubasa was listening sadly.

"And even despite all he's been through, he was determined to protect the very people who had caused him pain, to save a world that had been so unkind." Karuma seemed saddened as he continued to speak, and Tsubasa simply listened.

"But through it all, he managed to find people who were able to fill the void in his heart, to bring light into his darkness. For a while, I thought things were going to get better for him." Karuma said and Tsubasa was confused. Just what had happened?

"A week ago, Naruto had been on a mission when we sensed a group of powerful people heading toward them at break neck speed. But being the idiot he is, Naruto summoned Gamakichi to rescue his friends and stayed behind to keep the strangers at bay. But they soon pulled out the Twilight Scrolls." Tsubasa gasped as Karuma nodded grimly.

"Even after I told him the price, Naruto was ready to risk everything to protect his friends. You know the price to counter those."

"Whatever is most precious to you..." Tsubasa said and Karuma nodded.

"And the memories of his friends were the most important to him. The very things that kept the darkness at bay." Karuma said and Tsubasa couldn't believe it. Even after he knew what he could loose, that boy still saved his friends? It just didn't make any sense...

"So you're saying that he lost all memory of the people that had filled that void in his heart?"

Tsubasa asked and sighed as Karuma nodded. The darkness in his heart held no light, despite his bubbly exterior. How did he manage to smile so?

"And I need you to help." Karuma said.

----------------
Naruto's Point Of View

Naruto rammed the rasengan into the tree, cutting through the trunk. The same thought was running through his head as he summoned a clone to create another. Who was that woman from his dream?

Cutting through another trunk, Naruto watched panting as it fell. Sweat glistened on his brow as he tilted his face upwards, breathing heavily. His ears were pressed against his head as he stood there, in the center of a circle of fallen trees. His chest hurt as he clutched it, grimacing in pain. It hurt so much...

-------------
Sorry that this was such a short chapter! I promise to make the next longer! What do you think Karuma's going to have Tsubasa do? Just what is this darkness in Naruto? What's Naruto really feeling? Tell me your thoughts. Vote. Until Next Time!

~3Yori3