Fox's Dance

Disclaimer: 3Yori3, which is me, DOES NOT own Naruto nor Karuma, but I do own the plot line and my OC's, such as Kana.
--------
Naruto's Point Of View

        Naruto was lying in a crater in the center of a forest. His hair had escaped its ponytail and was splayed around him like a flower. His shoulders rose and fell quickly, and his sweat glistened on his forehead.

'I'm still not strong enough...' he scolded himself. He would never be able to protect anyone in this state...but it's not like he had anyone to protect, anyways. His eyes were closed as golden leaves fell around him like cherry blossoms. Slowly, he drifted to sleep under the canopy of gold.

Naruto found himself staring up at a bright sky, with a blurry figure bending over him. Short pink tendrils tickled his face as he blinked to clear his vision. But he blinked to no avail, as the figure remained blurry. He just simply looked at the pink hair they had and thought of sakura blossoms. He smiled; they were pretty just like their hair was.

"N...naruto..." he heard them call and a lopsided smile stretched across his face. They actually knew his name. Then, their calling got softer and softer until Naruto drifted back into darkness.

They actually knew his name.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Kana's Point Of View

"Naruto! Naruto, I swear! If you don't get up this minute—" Kana was cut off as Naruto slowly opened his eyes. She faltered, seeing the peaceful smile on his face as he gazed up at the sky. And as she was about to yell again, she heard his faint whisper.

"They actually...knew my name..." he muttered and Kana's eyes widened in shock. As she sat there in confusion, Naruto seemed to notice her presence.

"Uh...hi, Naruto..." she said and Naruto nodded. Kana was stunned; he seemed angelic as he smiled, glowing in the sunlight. His long golden hair spilled down his back, which would have given him a feminine look if not for his muscular build. He sat with his face tilted toward the sun, his elbows propping him up. His long black and gold kimono was loose and exposed a bit of Naruto's chest. Turning red, Kana looked away as the blond sat in silence.

"...Naruto?" Kana finally asked, and the boy looked toward her way, tilting his head. Tendrils of his long hair fell into his face as he watched her and the sunlight hit his golden eyes, giving them a divine shimmer that Kana had never seen before. She nearly forgot to breathe; staring into those beautiful eyes.

"Yes, Kana?" he said softly and Kana took a deep breath. She gave Naruto a small smile as she stood up and offered him her hand. For a moment, the boy watched her curiously before his large hand wrapped around hers.

"Karuma has something he would like to show you." She said, and Naruto nodded.

"Thank you." He said, and before passing her, he stopped with his hand on her shoulder. Kana could only watch as he glanced down with a tender smile at her and hope that she wouldn't fall apart. After a moment, Naruto left and Kana fell to her knees, staring up at the golden canopy as she tried to calm her racing heart.

-------------
Back With Naruto

        I walked away, and glanced back to see Kana kneeling. I was about to rush back when I saw her smile as she looked up at the sky.

        I couldn't shake the dream I had...it had seemed so real...and it stirred memories in me that I didn't want to revisit. It was so odd, though, that the entire dream was a blur...as if I was looking through a misty window. I pushed away any thoughts as I reached the house. I'd never noticed how peaceful it was. A little aways, a small waterfall flowed into a decent-sized pond, and lilies floated on top of the water. Trees loomed all over, casting shadows over the river and shedding leaves on the walkways. I laughed as I remembered the first time I'd ever met Kana. As I was admiring the courtyard, I found Karuma standing beside a grave in the center, just beside a large banyan tree. Before walking over, I picked a few flowers and than went over to where Karuma stood.