Chapter Five- forever in my memories

***Ring Ring***

The sound of the phone ringing interrupted all of us doing our homework while Khloe and Zach were playing Legos on the ground. Ashley got up from the couch and walked over to the phone.

“Hello? The Wence’s household. Ashley speaking….”, she always gave a good phone welcome. It’s her thing. The lady began to speak but all I heard was, “me mee mem meme beba ha me.” Where is she from?

Ashley interrupted my thoughts by speaking. “Yes. I will go get him.” She must have meant she’s going to get dad. She put the lady on mute and yelled my dads’ name. A few seconds later you could hear heavy footsteps enter the kitchen.

“Someone’s on the phone for you,” Ashley said while handing the phone to my dad.

“Hello?”……..”Yes. This is he. May I help you?” My dads face went pale. He was frozen. Couldn’t move or speak. What was going on? I was really worried. Before I could finish my thoughts the phone slipped from my dads grip. The phone hit the ground hard casuing pieces of plastic to fly everywhere. Ok… now I’m scared.

“What’s going on? Dad?!” Max began to raise his voice. What’s happening?! Before Alex could speak my dad bolted out the door with the keys and his phone. Ashley and Ashton grabbed Zach and Khloe and pulled us out the door. My dad was already in the BMW so Alex took the "bus" and followed my to where ever my dad was.

“Where are we going?” I asked worried. I was waiting for an answer then finally Ashton spoke up.

“We honestly don’t know. We didn’t hear anything the person on the other line said so yeah.” He seemed nervous when he said that. I just gave him a slight nod and sat there quit.

After about 20 minutes in the car we pulled up to a tall building. Wait a minute. I know where we are. This is where Khloe was born. It was the… hospital?! Why are we here?

We saw my dad rush inside and we followed him in, hot on is trail.

“Robert Wence” he said to the lady behind the counter. We sat down impatiently waiting to see why we where here. Shortly after, a doctor came out and said our last name. We all stood up and she rushed us to a plain, boring, and grey room. A lady was laying on the bed with a beaten up face. Wait a minute! That lady was… MOM! Why was she in the hospital? I felt my heart race then drop into the pit of my stomach.

“How-how did this happen?” I stuttered with tears filling my eyes. The doctor looked at me with a concern look on her face then she spoke up.

“Sweetheart, and family, your mom was in an extremely bad car accident. She’s not doing to well. I’m very sorry.” The doctor said kneeling next to me so we were eye level. I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. They overflowed and began to pour down my cheeks. Everyone else was doing the same. I heard a small groan come from the bed. She was awake.

“Hi guys.” My mom could barley move but she ended up putting on a smile. We all rushed over to the bed. Some nurses came in and felt her wrist and then at the clip board. They all looked at us. We gave them a confused look.

“Is something wrong?” My dad finally spoke up. One nurse stepped to my dads’ side.

“Mr. Wence, I’m really sorry to tell you this. It breaks my heart but your wife, and mother to your children, is not going to make it until tomorrow.” A lump formed in my throat. My thoughts were jumbled up in my mind. I began to feel dizzy.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, NO...” my dad went into panic-mode. His breathe heavy and quick. “H-how could this be? She’s awake and looks fine!” Max started to raise his voice. But he couldn’t go any louder or he would start crying.

Ashley just stood there, not knowing how to react. I mean, my mom was her best friend. They were closer then ever. Especially after the move. Oh god… how could this happen? Alex put an arm around Ashton to comfort him. #brotherlove

I didn’t realize I was crying until the nurse began to talk again. “Are you guys ok? I know its really REALLY hard. I’ve witness people everyday go through this and I can’t image how it feels. I’m very sorry.”

This can’t be happening. NO! My mom. Going to die. It kills me to even think about it. I would rather die instead of her. I feel my heart beating in my stomach. The only thing I could do was cry. And cry. And cry.

“Closing hour is in 30 minutes. I hate to rush you but it’s time to say your final goodbyes.” The nurse left us alone in the empty, lifeless room. It gave me the chills.

The first person to say goodbye was my dad.

“Honey, I love you s-so m-m-much. You are the l-love of m-my life. I can’t l-loose you. You are a g-great mother and wife and d-daughter and sister. No one could ever hate you. We all love you. Goodbye my love.” My dads’ head was in my moms lap. She managed to say ‘I love you’ and gave him a kiss on the head before Alex went up. Then it was Max’s turn. Then Ashley and Ashton. Then… me. I don’t know what to say. I just ran over to her bed and gave her beaten body a bear hug.

“Mom. I love you so so so much. Please don’t leave me,” I said with hot water droplets rolling down my cheek.

“I love you too honey. Be good for everyone.” I crossed my heart to show her I promised. “And tell The Style’s family that I say ‘hi, bye, and love you’ for me. I love you forever and always.”

“I love you too.”  Kissed the back of her hand and held onto it.

“Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”

“WAIT… NOOOOO!!!!” I was screaming and crying. The nurse came in and checked her pulse and gave us an ‘I’m really sorry’ look. This can’t be happening. My brothers and sister and dad were bawling along with me. It was not a pleasant sound. My dad walked over and had to pry my grip from my mom’s. I slowly released and her lifeless hand fell back to her side. The last thing I saw was the doctor closing the door. I guess that was goodbye. Forever. 

**************************************************************************************************

A/N: I know that Zach and Khloe didn't say good bye well it was because they are very young. ok this was hard to write. and i know this had nothing to do with one direction but it makes the story. You'll see:) Vote, Fan, Comment, and read Restrained!!!