Chapter 6- L.A. baby!

*****7YEARS LATER****

It’s been 7 years since my mom has died. The first couple of months were very hard but it got easier as our schedules got busier and we all had a lot on our minds. My dad had to get another job to keep the house running smoothly. School just got out and I’m ready to hit the beach. Oh wait. I forgot. I’m in the middle of Saint Louis.

Right now it’s only my dad, Zach, Khloe, Ashley, and I. Alex is married and has a little girl, Georgia, and they are living in Maine. Max just got married and is in Texas, and Asthon is away with his girlfriend in Miami.  Everyone’s happy. Especially me! I got my drivers license. I can drive with my friends to the mall, Chicago, and… that’s it.

“Honey? Kati, are you in here?” my dad calls my name from downstairs. I yelled back, “Yeah. Do you need something?”

I heard my dad coming running upstairs. He’s out of breath as he reaches my room. I guess that’s what aging does to you.

“You ok?” I ask with laughter in my voice while standing up at walking over to him and patting his back. He swats my hand away and begins to jump up and down. They rest of my family walks in becuase they heard the walls shaking.

“Read this!” he demands as he hands the folded piece of paper over to me. I’ve never seen him this excited.

I slowly open the envelope and I read aloud so everyone could hear.

Dear Miss. Kati Wence. Hello! I’m Mrs. Helm from L.A. Casting and I have good news. I got your video letter of you acting in many school plays and we would like to fly you down here to California and give you the opportunity to give us a live acting shot. We have a new show coming out on Nick and Teen Nick called “Sam and Cat” and would love to have a young, fresh star to be a new face for nick. Call us at this number. (688)759-6341 If you would like to meet with us, the plane tickets for you and 2 family members to come down to L.A. are in the envelope. Thank you!                   -Mrs. Helm”

“What?! Me? An actress? Famous?” I couldn’t think straight. Those were the only word I could get out of my mouth. I sat down and took deep breaths.

“I’ll take her!!!” I hear Ashley shout. “Us too!” Zach and Khloe said that at the same time. “But the only offer us 2 tickets. Sorry little ones,” Ashley says playfully.

“How about this. Ashley and Kati go and the youngsters and I will take the extra ticket and I’ll buy 2 more and meet you guys there the next day. Deal?” My dad holds out his hand. Ashley shakes it. I guess it’s final. I’m going to L.A. baby!

***3 days later***

“Hurry up Kati! We are going to miss the flight!” Ashley yells. I finish packing the last of my clothes in the suitcase and zip it up.

“Coming!” I yell pack. I take my 3 bags down the steps and walk to the side door.

“I got this honey, “My dad says while taking 2 of the 3 bags and puts them in the taxi. Before I know it I have said my goodbyes and gotten in the taxi and arrived at the airport.

We went through security fast and checked into our flight. We were on time. We arrived at our gate and as soon as we got there, they started boarding. Perfect! We went to our… FIRST CLASS SEATS?! Awesome!!!

They lady announcer person told us to buckle our seats. They plane took off and once we reached 10,000feet, I plugged my earphones in and drifted off into a deep sleep.

**6 hours later**

“Bing, bing.”

The stupid seatbelt reminder woke me up. I try to remember my dream, but it doesn’t come fully back to me. I think it had something to do with being famous and Harry Styles. Yes. My OLD bff Harry Styles. He’s now in the biggest boy band on the planet… One Direction. I like their music. A lot! Especially Khloe and Ashley. I haven’t talked to him since my mom died because she lost her phone the accident and she was the only one that we had their numbers. Haven’t talked to him in a while. It’s actually the first time I have thought about him in 3 years. Wow.

Anyways, we got off the plane and collected our luggage. As we walked to the front entrance, there was a man holding a sign that says, “Kati Wence.” I walk up to the man and told him I was Kati Wence.

“Right this way.” The man looked at me and took my suitcases and brought us out to a black SUV. Cool.  A chauffer. Man I love L.A. and i have only been here for 1 hour.

Not long after, my sister had interupted our conversation and pointed right across my face and to my surprise, I look to the left and see that we have pulled up to a fancy hotel.

“Oh. Em. Gee. Awesome!” Ashley said as she gasped.

We got out and a very cute bellboy to our luggage and carried it inside for us. Ashley walks up to the front desk.

“Hi ma’am. May I help you?” The lady said with a grin on her face.

“Yes. Hello. I’m Ashley and that’s Kati Wence and-“ the lady cut her short. “Ah. Don’t need to hear more. We’ve all been waiting for you lovely morning! Here’s your key. Enjoy your stay!” They were waiting for me? Wow. I feel famous.

We walk up and find out we have the master suit! Royalty… fun!

We unlock the door and look around the place to get a feel for everything. We went to our seperate rooms and unloaded our bags to get it out of the way. Once I finish, I made my way to the kitchen. My eyes draw attention to the note on the kitchen counter.

Hello Kati and family. Hope you got her on time and safe! Please meet us at 648 Shady Grove Studios tomorrow at 5:00pm! See you then. -Mrs. Helm

“The fun begins tomorrow!” I state as I see Ashley looking through the fridge.

“And we need to go site seeing until 4:30, then come back and change, and then go to the studio! Maybe we will see famous people! GASP!!! This is going to be magical.” Ashley says as her eyes light up. God she’s a trip!

“Only if Harry and the Styles family could see you now!” Ashley states.

“He has probably forgotten about me by now. I highly doubt he remembers me. Anyways, I’m going to sleep. Night Ashley,” I say as I  am climbing into my pajamas.

“He remembers you. Trust me. But I’m going to drop it because obviously I’m pushing it. Night kay kay!” She says as she closes the door to her room.

And yes. She was pushing it.