Chapter 20- down hill...

Kati’s POV:

Our day at the beach quickly finishes. Oh god! I had so much fun! Praise the lord for Harry’s genius ways! I’ve missed him so much.

Anyways, a couple of times I caught Liam starring at me. I’m guessing that’s a good thing! I really wish every girl could see how nice and genuine these boys really are. Zayn snaps me out of my thoughts when he begins to talk.

“So Kati, you ok?” Why would he ask me that?

“Uh, yeah… why?” I ask, confused.

“Well, you are starring at Liam like he’s jesus or something.” He lightly chuckles. I blush and look down at my lap.

“It’s fine! If I was a girl, I would too!” That makes me feel better. I think...

“Haha, ok!” I say. He laughs and lies back down on the towel. I check my phone and realize I am supposed to meet Devin back home for 'guy’s night'. Which is when he gets 5 of his best mates and brings them to our flat for a video games, soccer, and pizza night. I always take Claire so I don’t get bored.

I login into my phone and text Claire.

Me: We on 4 2nite

Claire Marcel<3: totally! When u want me 2 come ovr???

Me: give me an hour… so around 6

Claire Marcel<3: Kk! Ttyl

I shove my phone in my bag and pack up. I carry my flip-flops in my hand and run down to the boys and Rachel, Niall’s girlfriend, who are currently having a splashing war.

“Hey, got to go! I didn’t realize what time it is and I have a thing with Devin and some friends tonight. Ray, if you want to come, Claire is coming and we go upstairs to do ‘girl stuff’.”

“Omg! Sounds like fun. May I change first? I’m kind of soaked!” I laugh and nod. I grab Rachel’s wrist and we run up to the towels. She grabs her stuff. Zayn has his earplugs in, I yank one out and shout ‘BYE!’ in his hear. I laugh and we walk up to the bus.

I change back into my regular clothes and wait for Ray to finish. Once she steps out, we make our way to my car. We talk the whole ride there. I learn a lot about her. She’s 17 and from Chicago. She was hired by Lou to be an assistant stylist and then, of course, she met Niall, and now they’re in love. Haha! Anyways, before I know it, we are at my flat. Several cars are already parked on the curb. I step out, so does Ray, and lock the car. We walk up the front steps and I open the door to a smoke filled house. I can barely breathe. I tell Rachel to head on upstairs so I can take care of this… mess! She nods and hurries. I throw my bag on the counter, following that, my loud keys. They still can’t hear me. It’s pitch black except for the bathroom light. I turn on the kitchen, laundry, and living room lights, making them all groan out of frustration. They still don’t stop. Alright, now I’m pissed off!

“ALRIGHT!!!" I try to yell over the loud music. "I’ve had it! Devin, what the fuck is going on?!” I can’t even keep a calm voice. I’m choking on smoke, obviously not a cigar or cigarette, but pot, weed, and marijuana. Oh how dare he!

“Babe, *cough cough* , what are you doing here? I thought you were out for the night.”

“Oh… really?” I add a sarcastic tone. “ What type of person would I be to forgot about our every week plans? Huh?”

I can tell he doesn’t have anything to say back. Ha mother trucker!

“Look… babe, I-“ I cut him short.

“Aw hell no! You get your nasty ass little drugs and drinks and so called friends out of my house! Have fun sleeping anywhere but here tonight!” I walk to the other side to open as many windows as I can. I make it half way up the stairs and then, “Oh and Devin, better be gone in 5 minutes, or I’m calling the cops” I continue making my way and I hear the shuffling of feet. Three minutes later, I hear the closing of the front door. Praise the lord!