chapter three

"Never heard of it, why?" I said.

Maya looked at her two friends, before turning back to me.

"We've been all screwed over by our Irish fellow, and we'd like him to know what it feels like to be screwed over."

"We totally understand if you say no." Kayla said, walking over to me to force me to sit down on the bed behind me.

"Say no to what?" I frowned.

"In the movie "John Tucker Must Die" there's this girl who pretends to go out with him, and plays really hard to get. And a guy like John... or a guy like Niall loves to chase a girl who's not really interested. So eventually the guy starts to fall for the girl and then bam, we have him right where we want him." Maya said.

"I don't understand. Where do I fit in in all of this?" I asked.

"You're the new girl, so Niall has no idea who you are. You're the perfect girl for this mission. All you gotta do is pretend to like him, go on a few dates... until he starts falling for you. Then we crush him."

I just stared at Maya.

I've been here one day and I'm already missing high school

"You want me to lie?" I questioned.

"Not lie, just fake your feelings towards him." Maya shrugged.

"No. I won't do it."

I stood up and headed towards the door, then turned around towards them.

"Call me in the morning when you're sober." I told Maya before exiting the room.

I walked down the hallway, trying to find my way downstairs again. I pulled out my phone from my pocket to check the time when I suddenly crashed right into someone. My phone almost slipped out of my hands and I wanted to yell at the guy for walking into me.

"I'm sorry! I was just leaving the bathroom, so I didn't know you were out here." The guy told me, with a British accent.

Oh no, another English man

I looked up, staring right into a couple of brown eyes. The guy looked friendly, had brown beard stubble and his brown hair was up in a small quiff.

"It's okay." I muttered before walking past him.

My phone said 1.22am, so I decided that it was time for me to head back to my dorm. Hopefully I won't wake up Alex.

But when I came back downstairs, I found her in the living room. She was currently playing beer pong with a bunch of people and I frowned to myself as I walked over there.

"Hey! I didn't know you were here!" She yelled over the music when she saw me.

"I thought you were asleep!" I yelled back. "Do you know anyone here?"

"Yeah, my brother is the president here!"

Maya told me about the president of Alpha Phi. His name is Ethan and according to my cousin he's a real prick. And now my roommate is related to him. Great.

The opposite "team" cheered as the tiny ball hit one of the cups in front of Alex. I looked across the table and locked eyes with the blonde Irish boy, Niall.

He smirked at me, before whispering something to his friend, who immediately looked at me. Then Niall left.

"You wanna go home?" I yelled to Alex.

"Yeah, give me five minutes!" She smiled back at me.

"Okay, I'll be outside!"

She nodded while getting ready to throw the ball across the table. I squeezed myself through the ocean of people, trying to find the front door. Just when I reached it, two hands were placed over my eyes from behind. The hands smelled like dirt and grass, and I placed my own hands upon the person's and removed them before turning around. Jennifer was standing behind me, smiling.