chapter thirty-one

If this chapter gets 20+ comments, I'll try and update sooner than usual!

---

Niall got up from the bed, once again, and grabbed his backpack on the floor. He pulled out his laptop he uses in school and told me to scoot over so he could lie down again. I obeyed and pressed my back against the wall and wrapped the covers around my body. He took the flash drive and put it into his laptop. Seconds later he started the first song.

"This is a song from this album, actually." He said, holding up the CD I got him. "It's called Lived A Lie."

We listened to the song and he managed to place his arm around me to bring me closer. I leaned my head against his collarbone and he played with my hair, singing along to the song in a low voice.

"You do realise I'm going to hear you sing for the first time, right?" I asked, tilting my head a little to look at him.

"I know. My heart is beating like crazy."

He's nervous oh my god that's so cute

"No one, except some of the boys at the frat, has heard me sing. Drunk-singing at parties does not count." He continued.

I placed my hand on his chest and felt that indeed his heart was beating extremely fast. I pressed a kiss to his jaw.

"Calm down babe. I'm sure you're great."

He kissed my head and the next song started.

"That's me playing the guitar." He said. "And Liam and Zayn helped me record it, and they're singing too. The three of us wrote the song together, so yeah, it was only fair."

"Shh! It's starting!"

"Watching you get dressed messes with my head, take that bag off your shoulder. Come get back in bed, we still got time left. This don't have to be-"

"Now's me. Cover your ears." Niall said, just before someone else than the previous person started singing.

"And you say 'it's hard to keep a secret', girl don't leave me all alone in this hotel. And these shades can hide us from the streets, yeah, one weekend I promise that I'll never tell."

A huge smile appeared on my lips as the chorus started. I felt all giddy from hearing him sing and I just had to sit up.

"What were you so nervous about?" I exclaimed and leaned down to kiss him.

"Because," He said, laughing against my lips. "It's weird for me to hear myself, so I was worried what you'd say."

We listened to a few more songs, until he informed me that the next song was one of his again.

"Technically it's... eh... about you."

My eyes widened as the current song were coming to its end.

"It's not really a love song, just... a song. And I sing the entire first verse."

"I feel like a proud mother."

He grinned a little, kissing my cheek.

"I wrote it after the night at the club, when we kissed for the first time. You know, when I came up and stole you from Jesse by the bar."

"I remember." I grinned back, as the song started.

"Saw your body language and I know how you're feeling. You look like the kind of girl that's tired of speaking. Standing with somebody, but he doesn't know what you like. You caught my attention; you were looking at me first. All that I can see's you waking up in my t-shirt. If you're not hooked on anything right now I can be your vice."